DONE Need to get 2 beagles San Diego to NJ, Navy intern

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
caitlin

DONE Need to get 2 beagles San Diego to NJ, Navy intern

Post by caitlin » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:16 pm

************D O N E ***********Anybody in the Las Vegas or Flagstaff area please let me know how far you can take them Need to get 2 sweet rescued beagles from san diego to new jersey...Molly a 11 year beagle with lupus, and Riley, a 6 year old beagle with lymes disease. Please help me get them back to their vet in new jersey..The beagles were doing fine until I took an internship with the Navy in San Diego. I drove across country with the beagles and they did fine for awhile..When their disease started acting up, I took them to a vet in San Diego who does not understand their disease. My dogs are doing poorly now and I need to get them back to nj asap...I cannot drive them back across country...If anybody can help me please...I checked all the major airlines and they will not let them fly in the cabin. They will not survive cargo..Please help me get them back to nj....
Last edited by caitlin on Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.

staylor4
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KGPH
Distance willing to fly one way: 50

Re: Need to get 2 beagles to nj

Post by staylor4 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:37 pm

This is pretty ambitious, but I like your spunk! If they come through the Kansas City area I'd like to carry them a couple of hundred miles.
Sam Taylor
Last edited by staylor4 on Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

caitlin

Post by caitlin » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:44 pm

Thanks Sam !!! I know I am asking alot, if I can get them close to the east coast, I could have someone drive and get them. They are great dogs and everyone will fall in love with them. They had a rough life when they were on the streets, and I just want them to have the care that they deserve.

sowens333
Zip Code: 66062
Airport identifier: KOJC
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by sowens333 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:25 pm

Hello, I'm also in the Kansas City area and could take them 200 miles either side of KC.

Sarah
[email protected]

caitlin

Post by caitlin » Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:03 am

OMG<, Thank you Sarah !!! Anybody on the west coast !!!! I appreciate your help...I do not have a time frame, but the sooner they get to Dr. Chrissman who knows their histroy, the better the chance of survival they have. Thank you all...

jonlammers

Re: Need to get 2 beagles San Diego to NJ, Navy intern

Post by jonlammers » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:56 pm

I would love to help, I can go from LA to Phoenix or Phoenix to Albuquerque. But, if you dogs won't survive in the cargo hold of a jet, then I'm not sure they would survive multiple hops in small planes. You realize that you will also have to arrange for someone to watch the dogs overnight at each airport they stop at? Small planes cannot handle weather like the big ones do. We also have mechanical, and pilot health issues that could strand your pets somewhere halfway in between. The airplanes are generally small, noisy, not pressurized (less oxygen), and rougher riding. That trip would likely take 4 days between different pilots, even if you can find pilots to do all the legs.

I think Pilots N Paws has a web page with commercial airline volunteers who will take your pets with them (in the cargo hold), but they will be traveling with someone to look after them. While cargo holds sound bad, they are heated and pressurized or they wouldn't allow pets. Five hours on the jetliner would likely have a lower chance of harming them.

just my 2c

jon

N60046
Airport identifier: KPKB

Post by N60046 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:58 pm

Caitlin,

Check with margo walker(Just put that name on the search box right upper corner). She may be able to help with cross country flight.
John
KPKB

JERRY S.

Post by JERRY S. » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:20 am

If u are able to put the legs together. I could do Western, Pa to NJ

BoAllemande

Post by BoAllemande » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:21 pm

Hi,

I am in New Mexico and can fly to AZ to pick them up and move them to TX, OK, KS or MO if it will help. Please let me know via a post here.

Thanks,
GPR