DONEDog Needs Transport from Springfield, OH to NYC

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
mrkswilson

DONEDog Needs Transport from Springfield, OH to NYC

Post by mrkswilson » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:17 am

My husband and I are from NYC and shortly after our twins were born were forced to make the difficult decision of finding another home for our 6 yr old Jackhuahua (jack russell/chihuahua mix). We left him in the care of a co-worker of a family member indefinitely because he began to exhibit odd behavior after the twins were born. He marked his territory on their beds and would hide constantly among other things. We left him at his new home in Brooklyn, NY over a year ago and now we’ve received a call that he is at the Clark County Humane Society in Springfield, Ohio. All we know is that he was wandering the streets and someone called the humane society to have him obtained. No one has responded as to how he got to Ohio. Thankfully, he was micro chipped which is how they were able to contact us.

We do not own a car and are not financially able to fly to Ohio at this time. Doing so would leave us in a financial bind. However, we care for him deeply and fear that he may be euthanized if we do not rescue him.

Is there anyone out there making a trip to NYC for the holidays that would be willing to help us out? We could work out some type of payment to cover gas, tolls, etc. Please contact us if you can help.

The Wilsons - 347.526.4424 (cell)

Our dog is currently at:
Clark County Humane Society
5201 Urbana Road
Springfield, OH 45502
Phone: (937) 399-2917 ext. 14

wineguy68
Zip Code: 17102
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KMDT
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Dog Needs Transport from Springfield, OH to NYC

Post by wineguy68 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:36 am

I am available w/e of 12/11 - 12/14 and weather permitting, I could fly a Springfield, OH - Johnstown, PA leg. Any one available that weekend for the second leg? Maybe to Patterson, NJ or Westchester, NY?

lukehayden

Post by lukehayden » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:53 pm

I can handle a leg fron Johnstown PA to Pittstown NJ (N40) on 12/11-12/14. Pittstown is about 1 hour from NYC just off of route 78. Let me know if this works. My e-mail is [email protected]

admin
Site Admin
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by admin » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:59 pm

Hi Pilots.

Thank you both for your offer of help for in getting O.G. back to his owners! One of our other pilots, Steve Hall, has offered to make the entire flight from NYC to Ohio and back so this lucky pup name OG will be home in time for the Holidays!! He may also be a TV star in the process. Stay tuned!

Debi