Photo Gallery and Success Stories Page on Website and Forum

Heartwarming photos and videos of our rescued friends.
admin
Site Admin
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Photo Gallery and Success Stories Page on Website and Forum

Post by admin » Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:49 pm

Hi all,

Just a remember requesting that when your flights are completed, please send me any photos and information you would like to have posted on the Pilots-N-Paws website regarding your rescue flight. We have several picture stories up there already and everyday I am adding more. Send them to me at [email protected] or to [email protected] Please visit our homepage and our Pilots N Paws fanpage on facebook.

www.pilotsnpaws.org
www.facebook.com/pilotsnpawsfanpage

Twitter @Pilots N Paws

Also, a note to remind you that the "Success Stories" section on this forum board is for ALL OF YOU to upload your pics, tell your stories, etc so please do!! I look forward to viewing and reading about your happy experiences.....

thanks,
Debi

richclover

Re: Photo Gallery and Success Stories Page on Website and Forum

Post by richclover » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:35 pm

Debi, I still can't upload pictures... What's the size limit? I've just tried 1600x1200, to no avail. I should try 640x480? I think that's what has been successful before.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:17 pm

richclover wrote:Debi, I still can't upload pictures... What's the size limit? I've just tried 1600x1200, to no avail. I should try 640x480? I think that's what has been successful before.
Rich, the file size cannot be over 256 kb.... dimension wise your 640 x 480 should work as long as the resolution is lower. Standard email or standard web size files will always load. The higher resolution photos with large file sizes will not load as they take up too much room on the site. Sorry you are having trouble!

It's hard because we want the higher resolution for print out photos but those just won't work to upload on most forum boards or websites. I am always having to downsize larger files too in order to upload them to the web. I normally just right click on the photo and email it to myself because my email program automatically downsizes the file to email size if I say yes to when it asks me to make the picture smaller. I will do it for you if you can't get it to work, no problem, just let me know.

Debi

GSP Foster

Re: Photo Gallery and Success Stories Page on Website and Fo

Post by GSP Foster » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:39 am

A few weeks ago I got an email concerning a large amount of dogs that need flying out of New Orleans to various parts of the US......The national organization of Pilots N Paws asked pilots to fly these dogs out to save their lives.........so I emailed that I would help out......

This was a very well organized effort and I met pilots from all over the US to help save these dogs....we were furnished free rooms (paid for by Subaru ) for our over night stay in New Orleans.....no I did not go down to Burbon St....had to get up at 5 AM..we started loading at 7AM....

Some of my family thought I had really gone to far flying dogs...the cost and all...but it was explained that it was much better for the dogs to make this long trip in the short time it took to fly ......sounds reasonalble to me....dogs are so much like humans....

Everything went ok....the dogs were well behaved.....no barking....or making a mess.....the flight was from New Orleans to the upper part of Florida...then other pilots took them to the Tampa area.......

I was able to fly back home the same day after dropping off the dogs........lots of great people involved in this effort.......all aniaml lovers........great people....

attached are some pictures....also some write up on http://www.aopa.org and http://www.eaa.org

Take care.....
--
Cowden Ward, Jr.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you
have been, and there you will always long to return."
Leonardo da Vinci, 1452-1519
Attachments
IMG_3423.JPG
IMG_3423.JPG (65.08 KiB) Viewed 6449 times
Copy of IMG_3411.JPG
Copy of IMG_3411.JPG (36.1 KiB) Viewed 6449 times
IMG_3401.JPG
IMG_3401.JPG (45.37 KiB) Viewed 6449 times

Colleen
Zip Code: 11930
Foster?: No

Pete Comes Thru Again!!

Post by Colleen » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:26 am

This picture is of Pilot Pete picking up Thelma and Louise in Goldsboro, NC. He not only transported them back to Maryland, but is fostering (again) until the weather breaks and they can continue their jouney to their foster homes in Ct. Pete and Nikki are such wonderful people and have helped Save A Dog A Day so many times that I cannot ever say thank you enough. One of the puppies has a swelling on her jaw so not only are they fostering but must take her to their vet. Pete, and all the pilots who fly for Pilots N Paws are my hero's. Colleen, Founder/Director - Save A Dog A Day!
Attachments
Pete and thelma and Louise.jpg
Pete and thelma and Louise.jpg (9.97 KiB) Viewed 6028 times

Hesseman
Zip Code: 85383
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KDVT

Post by Hesseman » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:16 pm

Where is the Photo Gallery page located on this site?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:23 pm

Hesseman wrote:Where is the Photo Gallery page located on this site?
The photo gallery used to be on our old website, now the photos are in every story we upload on our homepage. Everyone is welcome to post their stories and photos under this Success Story section.

If you would like your story shared on our website, please send the info and pics to [email protected]

Thanks!

tautrey
Zip Code: 32131
Airport identifier: 28J

Post by tautrey » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:12 am

Frederick lives ! Only days away from being euthanized, he gets a new home and a new life in Birming
I tried to post a pic but this site wont let me. Dont have time to figure it out. Another rescue awaits.
Tom Autrey
Tail # N65358 (Cessna 182)
PnP Volunteer Pilot
(904)716-1745 (voice/text)
email - [email protected]

Paule
Zip Code: 49426
Airport identifier: Z98

Post by Paule » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:05 pm

This flight is half done but so far it has been the most rewarding. Christina was dumped along side the road. A few days of running she was hit by a car. As soon as I saw the request I couldn’t pass the flight up getting her to a volunteer vet in my home town. A student pilot from local flight school joined me on the 5 hour flight. She stole my heart on the way home. She never complained even with a broken hip and a lame front paw.
Can’t wait for the recovery flight back to the rescue group. She is going to bring so much joy to a new family.

Paul
Attachments
CE7C9080-2350-4486-91E4-F7931D1E5404.jpeg
A25CAC2C-C2E1-4508-8C32-09F282CA69D8.jpeg
A25CAC2C-C2E1-4508-8C32-09F282CA69D8.jpeg (187.41 KiB) Viewed 2308 times
BFD7FB23-C8B8-42CA-BB00-782C3EB13A7E.jpeg

PhantomRO
Zip Code: 21037
Airport identifier: KFME
Distance willing to fly one way: 300

Post by PhantomRO » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:10 am

2nd PnP Mission to Warren Co, NC to pick up Rusty, Brownie and Blondie and take them to their foster home in Maryland.
Rusty proved to be an attentive co-pilot.
Attachments
Washington NC-4_sm.jpg
Washington NC-4_sm.jpg (50.73 KiB) Viewed 1454 times
Washington NC-6.jpg
Washington NC-6.jpg (36.68 KiB) Viewed 1454 times
Steve Riker (CMF161)
Ratings: CMEI
Socata TB20 Trinidad