DONE! Transport for Deploying Soldier DEN to ROGERS, AR

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
GIKate

DONE! Transport for Deploying Soldier DEN to ROGERS, AR

Post by GIKate » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:41 pm

I know this is a little unusual, but I am a Soldier with the 994th Engineer Company out of Denver, and we are deploying very soon to Afghanistan. I am willing to drive to any of the smaller airports anywhere near Denver/CO Springs!!

Nicki is a Belgian Malinois 3yrs old, 45lbs, Female, that I need to get from the Denver area to Rogers Arkansas (area).
Nicki is an easy-going amazing girl! She is healthy and can get a little nervous about new situations, but quickly relaxes when she gets her bearings. She will be crated for the flight.

It has been extremely difficult to find someone to keep my dog for me while I am deployed (because I want her back!) and Staci Kiggins of Homeward Bound K9s has stepped up to help me through this time. Believe me, it is extremely difficult to have to part with Nicki to begin with, but it has been even tougher to find someone who would be willing to keep her and give her back when I get home!

Staci and I have worked together in the past, and she runs a top-notch rescue. She is the most amazing and capable woman I have ever met - and she has been so gracious to take on Nicki and help me through this demanding time. I know that Nicki will be very well taken care of while in her hands!

Now the challenge is how to get Nicki from Denver to Arkansas. I'm hoping someone can step in and help!!You would have my appreciation and thanks more than you know, and I will be forever in your debt. We really need to get her there as soon as possible. I have am working, and will be working, every day from now until right before Christmas, so Nicki spends most days either in her kennel or hanging out with me at the center. We deploy right after the first of January, so this is extremely urgent!

Here's the info: She would be leaving Denver International Airport (DEN) and could go to either the airport in Bentonville, which I believe is (XNA) or Rogers (ROG) Arkansas.

Please PM me for my phone number, or email me at katie.ferencik (at) us.army.mil, or you can also call Staci Kiggins at 479-531-1674 or http://www.HomewardBoundK9s.com

Thank you so much!

Last edited by GIKate on Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

GIKate

Re: URGENT! Transport for Deploying Soldier DEN to ROGERS, AR

Post by GIKate » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:45 pm

So far I have someone who will help me from Denver to Hays, KS or Garden City, KS

This will open up another possibility - can anyone do either of those cities to around Rogers, Arkansas?

sowens333
Zip Code: 66062
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KOJC
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by sowens333 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:51 pm

Kate, I just sent you an email. I think we can set up ground transport to Kansas City and I can fly the rest of the way to AR.

Gimble

Post by Gimble » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:35 pm

I've sent a note to Kate. I'm willing to fly half-way from Denver to Kansas City, if we can find a KC pilot to meet with me. I'd like to do the entire distance, but 500nm each way is just too much for me.

Joe
Longmont, CO

GIKate

Post by GIKate » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:53 am

Thank you everyone!

I was able to get Nicki to Staci - I REALLY appreciate all that you do for others - you are a wonderful, amazing group!