Any dogs in AL needing transport north...*UPDATE FULL*

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
MuttsMom

Any dogs in AL needing transport north...*UPDATE FULL*

Post by MuttsMom » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:57 pm

And are going to NJ or PA, let me know. We'll be flying out of Huntsville, so they'd need to be able to get there. It's planned for the 22nd, 23rd as back up, but really hoping for the 22nd.
Last edited by MuttsMom on Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

kaysha912

Re: Any dogs in AL needing transport north.........

Post by kaysha912 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:29 pm

Yes please!!! I need to get my chocolate lab from Birmingham to Wisconsin (or as close as possible to Wisconsin). Please email me ASAP at [email protected]
Thanks!

MuttsMom

Re: Any dogs in AL needing transport north.........

Post by MuttsMom » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:18 pm

Between the weather being so bad in the NE and my mom being in the hospital for 8 days, and doing great until this morning when they had to move her to CCU, this transport won't happen this week. We're shooting for the 28th or 29th if we can get a pilot, possibly 2 that can meet us (Jim is coming up from Orlando) and get them the rest of their way to rescues in NJ and PA.

DJK3737T
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KFDK
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Any dogs in AL needing transport north...*UPDATE 12/21*

Post by DJK3737T » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:49 pm

Nancy -- Looks like I'll have to take one day off next week or lose it forever, so if everything falls into place, I might be in position to help with the northern end of this.

That's if, of course, you don't already have that lined up.

I hope your mother's doing better! Best,

-- DJK

MuttsMom

Post by MuttsMom » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:34 pm

Hi David,

That would be great if you could help and also great to finally be able to meet you. The weather will determine which day, so if you don't have to give much notice of which day you want off, we'll see what the weather looks like on both days and see which one is a nice day. Where would you want to meet? Jim is coming up from Orlando, picking me and dogs up in Huntsville, AL from different cities in Hsv, and GA. We'll be picking some up in KY that will be going back to FL.

The next visiting hour is 2 1/2 hours and hoping to see some improvement in her heart rate and the rhythm going towards the normal range, Thanks!!!!

LindaJMerideth

Post by LindaJMerideth » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:03 pm

Did this flight happen today??

MuttsMom

Post by MuttsMom » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:25 pm

No, it's was scheduled for the 28th or 29th. Looks like the best chance of it working will be the 27th or 28th or 2nd or 3rd. Jim has to fly to DC on the morning of the 30th, and if there are any delays, that will just be pushing things too close. So weather being a deciding factor, one of the 4 dates is when it will be done.

How do those days sound David? I'm waiting to hear from John Lee to see what his schedule looks like too.

LindaJMerideth

Post by LindaJMerideth » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:59 pm

Do you still have any available space for more dogs and if so, how many? I have an adult and 6 puppies I'm trying to get to NJ.....Millstone Township, NJ.....is the flight going near there?

They would be coming from Leland, MS and I would have to try to get them there the day before......is there any chance a local vet would volunteer to overnight them if I can't find someone to foster them overnight?

I'm just desperate!

Thanks!

MuttsMom

Post by MuttsMom » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:18 am

I don't know of a vet that would overnight for free especially when people are out of town for the 2 weeks school is out for Christmas/New Year and are full.

What kind of adult/weight and same with pups?

Transport is going to/area of Rockaway, NJ

LindaJMerideth

Post by LindaJMerideth » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:32 pm

The two adults are 1) Hound and 2) Border Collie mix......both weigh about 40 lbs.
It's now only 4 puppies, and all of them are under 20 lbs. each.

The NJ rescue is now full, but Homeward Bound Rescue in NY will take them.......if you are able to transport them part of the way, just let me know where I would need to get them to and when......I know I cannoto get them there early in the morning, as it is a 5-hour drive just from us to Birmingham.....but if you let me know where/when you will be leaving from, maybe I could find a volunteer to overnight them.

Thanks,
Linda