DONE! Update: Girard, GA 30426 to Coatesville, PA 19320

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
aplaceforall
Zip Code: 19320
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

DONE! Update: Girard, GA 30426 to Coatesville, PA 19320

Post by aplaceforall » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:20 pm

Mother nature did not agree with us this past weekend so these 8 puppies are still in GA looking for a flight to PA. If you can help please let me know.

Transport for 8 puppies. Lab/Bassett mixes approximately 12 weeks old

Rescue in GA can meet at Millen Airport or one of the following airports to begin the flight:

Georgia: Bush Field, Daniel Field, Savannah

In PA, rescue can meet at G.O. Carlson Airport (Coatesville) or any surrounding airports. Can move pups in more than one flight if necessary to remain under 300 miles for each pilot. Just need to know if a pilot can pick up in one of the 1st destinations and let me know where you can fly to in order to help bring pups towards PA.
Last edited by aplaceforall on Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Sharon
A Place For All Animal Rescue
[email protected]

Ryan in VA

Re: 8 puppies - Girard, GA 30426 to Coatesville, PA 19320

Post by Ryan in VA » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:00 pm

Hi!!

On 1/2 or 1/3 I'll be flying from ATL to DC. I won't have alot of room, but if we can fit the pups into a couple small crates I can probably make it work. Please let me know if you think that might work. Thanks.

Happy Holidays!!

Ryan

Scott E

Post by Scott E » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:41 pm

Hi

Could fly as many as would fit into 1 medium crate from Baltimore area directly to Coatesville PA. Good weather travel only. Let me know:)

Scott E
Cessna 182
email [email protected]
Last edited by Scott E on Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aplaceforall

Post by aplaceforall » Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:03 am

Hi Ryan and Scott,

Merry Christmas!

Thank you for offering to help fly the 8 puppies. I will contact the sending rescue and ask her what size the crates are that she will be using to send the pups to me. We have used two pop open carriers (photo attached) in the past for transporting puppies.

Scott - would you be able to meet Ryan in DC?

Sharon
Sharon
[email protected]

Ryan in VA

Post by Ryan in VA » Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:51 pm

Hi Sharon - Not sure which day I'll make the trip (Sat 1/2 or Sun 1/3). Depends on weather forecasts for DC at time of arrival. I think Augusta Regional looks like a good starting point. I assume that would work?

Scott - Can you meet me at Manassas, VA? Are you familiar with the SFRA rules? I see that you're looking for good weather only. Are you IFR just in case? If I get back on Saturday, it'll be evening (7-8 ish). Is that too late? If I come back on Sunday, it'll be mid-afternoon, but weather forecasts currently call for snow showers. Are you ok with that?

Hoping we can make this work. Let me know what you guys think.

Happy Holidays!!

Ryan

Scott E

Post by Scott E » Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:15 pm

Ryan

I am VFR only. I'm a 265 hr Private pilot who rents. Id rather not fly to Mannasass and back north again because it s just more $$ than i can swing. SVRA rules i am familar with however. My home Airport is Martin State .

Scott

Email me ok @ [email protected]

aplaceforall

Post by aplaceforall » Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:58 am

Hi Ryan and Scott,

It sounds like Scott cannot fly at night so Saturday (1/2) would not work since Ryan will not able to meet Scott until 7-8ish and it is dark.

Ryan - You mentioned that you can pick up the pups at Augusta Regional as the starting point for you. If so, what time would you need them their by so I can let the person know in Girard, GA.

Shaorn
Sharon
[email protected]

Ryan in VA

Post by Ryan in VA » Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:17 am

Hi Sharon,

Scott and I chatted about this last night via email, and it looks like he might be able to meet me at Winchester, VA. He still needs to check on this and let us know, so right now I think it's a tentative yes, pending final confirmation.

As for the date/time, we'll need to plan that when we get a little closer. It depends on a number of things, but mostly arrival weather back in VA. Scott can legally fly at night (but he may or may not want to, I don't know) , so Saturday could be OK, but weather right now is calling for snow showers, which is not optimal. If that's the way it plays out, Sunday would probably be better.

If it looks like that's the way we're heading, I'll probably plan to spend the night in ATL, then fly over to Augusta in the morning. I would prefer a 2-3 hour window, then narrow that down via text or phone call once I know exactly when I'll leave ATL and when I should arrive AGS.

Is that OK for now? Sorry, but weather this time of year and the nature of general aviation lead to some degree of uncertainty regarding timing.

Happy Holidays!!

Ryan

aplaceforall

Post by aplaceforall » Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:39 am

Hi Ryan and Scott,

I am fine with everything as I go by what you (pilots) can do and the timing/locations are your call. I would just need to know the date and time to have the pups meet you Ryan at Augusta so we can tentatively have either a driver on hand to bring pups from Girard to Augusta or another pilot on standby (if possible). Are there any tentative times that you could provide me with?

Sharon
Sharon
[email protected]

Ryan in VA

Post by Ryan in VA » Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:48 am

Hi Sharon,

Sure, I understand. If I do Saturday, it'll probably be about 2:00-4:00. If I do Sunday, it'll probably be about 10:00-12:00.

Once we hear back from Scott and get a better handle on the weather later in the week, we can firm things up.

Ryan