BC - Dallas, GA - Vero Beach, FL **DONE**

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
MuttsMom

BC - Dallas, GA - Vero Beach, FL **DONE**

Post by MuttsMom » Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:52 pm

Another border collie in a high kill shelter. He's got an amazing rescue in Vero Beach, FL that has said they'd take him into rescue.
Last edited by MuttsMom on Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tiger297

Re: BC - Dallas, GA - Vero Beach, GA

Post by tiger297 » Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:47 pm

Nancy,

On one of your other posts from warner robins to vero beach you had volunteers to drive from jacksonville to vero beach. I could fly the dog from peachtree city ga down to jacksonville fl if those other two volunteers can finish the trip.

Thanks,
Clay

MuttsMom

Post by MuttsMom » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:46 pm

Thanks so much Clay. My computer crashed so I've been in the dark for several days. Let me see if I can get a pilot close to Tallahassee to help. Are you available weekends only or anytime?

Thanks again!!!!

pilotwoody

Re: BC - Dallas, GA - Vero Beach, FL

Post by pilotwoody » Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:05 pm

Are you still looking to have someone from Jax to Vero Beach, FL? I am able to fly that leg from Jax to Vero Beach. I have family in Vero that would be happy for me to visit them. Gives me a great excuse to fly down there.

I am available on 1/1/10 or 1/2/10 to handle this leg if you still need someone.

MuttsMom

Post by MuttsMom » Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:14 pm

Thanks so much Steve. Clay, does the 1st or 2nd work for you?

tiger297

Post by tiger297 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:23 pm

I am VFR only so as long as the weather is good I should be able to do either of those days. My youngest son is also having some health issues and those could cause an issue for me as well but I don't expect that to be an issue. Please feel free to give me a call at 2514588702 and we can finalize the details as we get farther into the week.

Thanks,
Clay

MuttsMom

Post by MuttsMom » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:26 pm

Thanks to you both!! I'll send an e-mail to both of you with the person that will meet at the airport in GA and the rescue that will meet in Vero Beach.

I hope your son's health issues aren't serious Steve!!

pilotwoody

Post by pilotwoody » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:43 am

Nancy;

Let me first ask, is this dog going to Vero Beach, Florida or Georgia? is GA a typo in the title?

Next, this border collie, how big is he/she? What will she be transporting with? collar, crate? leash, shot records, heath paperwork? Need to know so I can plan on weight and fuel issues..

Thanks, please let me know

MuttsMom

Post by MuttsMom » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:15 pm

Yep, it's official, I'm totally brain dead. Yes, it's FL not GA. I'll get an exact but BC's run around 30-35 pounds on average. I'm sure we can get him a leash and color. Any paperwork the rescuer that pulls him get from the shelter will go with him on the flight.

pilotwoody

Post by pilotwoody » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:26 pm

Nancy;

I have been working with Clay to get this Border Collie to Vero Beach, FL. I think that we have all the details worked out. What I think that I need now is the contact information for the person who is to pick it up in Vero, is it a group, or foster, or final owner? Who do I call or contact once I get him/her (the dog) to Vero?

I just picked up crate pads, and some blankets, sheets, and chew bones for the trip just to help them relax while in the crate, in the air. Don't want to have any mishaps. Thanks in advance for the information, I would like to contact them to coordinate my arrival with theirs in Vero on Sat.