Large transport going to NJ and PA-can get them to WV or VA

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
MuttsMom

Large transport going to NJ and PA-can get them to WV or VA

Post by MuttsMom » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:29 pm

Hi,

A pilot is flying up from Orlando this Sat (weather permitting) and any day next week if Sat. can't be done. He'll be coming to Huntsville, AL and picking me and dogs up who have rescue in Rockaway, NJ and Gouldsboro, PA. If there's a pilot(s) that can meet us somewhere and finish the transport, that would be great. There will be quite a few dogs ranging from 15 pounds to 35. There are no pilots in AL and this is a great chance to get some dogs out of the state and into rescue.

Please e-mail me if you can help.

Thanks
Last edited by MuttsMom on Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MuttsMom

Re: Large transport going to NJ and PA

Post by MuttsMom » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:45 pm

If there are a couple of pilots that can meet us in Morgantown, WV, Pulaski, WV, Charleston, WV, Lynchburg, VA or Elkins, WV, we'll get them from Orlando, FL to you. Jim willl pick at least 1 in his area of FL and come to Huntsville, AL and pick up quite a few and get them to one of the cities listed but we need help getting them the rest of the way. The rescue aren't but about 1 hour and 40 minutes driving time apart, so either place or in the middle, wherever the weather is good, they can pick them up from whatever airport. If you can help, please e-mail me. We can do it any day next week and we were looking at Sat. but not sure the weather to WV, coming from the north is going to be good.

Thanks

MuttsMom

Re: Large transport going to NJ and PA-can get them to WV

Post by MuttsMom » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:43 am

Weather permitting, John can help on Thursday. Anyone else available another day next week? I've got to get these dogs out of the shelters they are in, so really trying to make this happen one day next week. Thanks

MuttsMom

Post by MuttsMom » Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:54 pm

Just me again hoping someone can help who didn't have a chance to see this before it went to the next page. Of course, weather permitting but the 1st day it's a nice day to fly, we need to get them to their rescue.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

MuttsMom

Post by MuttsMom » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:50 pm

The weather is looking bad on Thur. for AL/TN/KY. If anyone has a day this week they can help get them from WV to their rescues (in between the 2 is within driving distances for them both or one or the other place, they both can get the dogs). We're going to have to do it a day it looks good and it doesn't look like there will be many of those days. Most are sitting in kill shelters and I don't know how long they will continue to hold them.

Thanks

MuttsMom

Post by MuttsMom » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:22 pm

Wednesday looks like a day we can get this done. Anyone??? I'm not replacing dogs that get adopted from the rescues lists so there won't be as many dogs. The largest if about 35 pounds and 4-5 are under 20 and 2, maybe 3 (I'll have to look at the list again) will be up to 35 pounds.

Rcali

Post by Rcali » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:14 am

Hello,
My name is Robert Cali, FBO Supervisor of Avantair Elite Services in CDW. Rockaway is only 20 mins from my airport or maybe even less depending on traffic. If I can assist with this rescue at all with providing discount fuel purchases for our volunteer pilots please do not hesitate to contact me.

Robert Cali
FBO Supervisor
Avantair Elite Service KCDW
973-647-8170
[email protected]

MuttsMom

Post by MuttsMom » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:25 am

Thanks so much for your generous offer and I know it would be a huge help to the pilots!!

MuttsMom

Post by MuttsMom » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:34 pm

Sunday is the next possible day to pull this off. Anyone? David in MD is going to try and combine 2 transports but will need a 2nd pilot to take the rest of the dogs. We're having to start boarding them so they don't get put down in some of the shelters, and the rescues can't do it for that long since none of the vets seem to want to give a rescue discount, not that it wouldn't add up fast anyway......

MuttsMom

Post by MuttsMom » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:06 pm

Wanted to try one last time to post and see if anyone can meet a pilot flying from Orlando, FL to pick up dogs in AL so they have a chance to get to rescues in NJ and PA (they are close so landing in either or in the middle works, whatever works out best for you). We'll fly into WV, the Charleston area of Lynchburg, VA area, whichever works out best for the last part of the transport.

Thanks