why am i not a pilot?

Need tech support using the forum? Check for answers here or post a question.
davidtg

why am i not a pilot?

Post by davidtg » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:44 am

Hi, all --

I've just recently signed up with PnP but am having some trouble with my listing. I know that I saw my airplane ("PILOT") at 47A near Canton, Georgia, at one point but when latter mapping a flight I saw that I had changed to a balloon ("VOLUNTEER") at my home zip code.

I went back into my profile and set "foster_yn" to "No" and saved, and now I don't show up at all. Hmmm.

I've checked my profile and confirmed that "pilot_yn" is "Yes" and that my airport (K47A) is listed. I also confirmed that I am a member of "PILOT" (as well as "Registered users"), although I haven't found anything that says that that is required.

What have I missed?

TIA & Happy New Year

Steve Foley
Webmaster
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: why am i not a pilot?

Post by Steve Foley » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:51 am

K47A is not a valid ICAO airport ID. Try 47A

davidtg

Post by davidtg » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:01 am

Steve, et al --
Steve Foley wrote:K47A is not a valid ICAO airport ID. Try 47A
Oh! Gotcha. It definitely looked funny to me, but following the
Please note: Any airports with three letter IDs must be prefixed with a K (BOS becomes KBOS, LAX becomes KLAX)
instruction on the profile page, and not really knowing my ICAO codes well, I went ahead and added it. Oops :-)

Thanks so much!

Steve Foley
Webmaster
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by Steve Foley » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:11 am

davidtg wrote:Steve, et al --
Steve Foley wrote:K47A is not a valid ICAO airport ID. Try 47A
Oh! Gotcha. It definitely looked funny to me, but following the
Please note: Any airports with three letter IDs must be prefixed with a K (BOS becomes KBOS, LAX becomes KLAX)
instruction on the profile page, and not really knowing my ICAO codes well, I went ahead and added it. Oops :-)

Thanks so much!
4 and 7 are numbers, not letters.

This has been a point of confusion for quite some time. If you can come up with a better wording, (that will fit in the same space) please let me know.

davidtg

Post by davidtg » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:25 am

Steve --
Steve Foley wrote:
davidtg wrote: ... instruction on the profile page, and not really knowing my ICAO codes well, I went ahead and added it. Oops :-)
4 and 7 are numbers, not letters.
Yup. That makes sense now :-)
This has been a point of confusion for quite some time. If you can come up with a better wording, (that will fit in the same space) please let me know.
How about a simple counter example or two?
Please note: Any airports with three-letter IDs must be prefixed with a K. For example, BOS becomes KBOS and LAX becomes KLAX, but 47A and 6B6 do not change.
That's almost as brief but seems to me much clearer. If you're really hurting for space pull out LAX and 47A (because BOS and 6B6 are neighbors).

HTH & HNY