pilots-only "Map This" possibility?

Need tech support using the forum? Check for answers here or post a question.
davidtg

pilots-only "Map This" possibility?

Post by davidtg » Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:37 pm

Hi, all --

Is it possible to pass a flag to the "Map This" link to show only pilots? There are usually a LOT of volunteers and it can be hard to find the pilot planes; it would be really neat to have a link or a checkbox (or even know a URL parameter piece such as "&novols=TRUE or similar to add manually) which would allow me to filter to only pilots.

TIA & Happy New Year

admin
Site Admin
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: pilots-only "Map This" possibility?

Post by admin » Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:48 pm

You can deselect the fosters in the box on the left side of google maps.

Alternately, you can zoom the pilots map from the main page into the selected area to give the desired results.

Steve Foley
Webmaster
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by Steve Foley » Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:55 pm

admin wrote:You can deselect the fosters in the box on the left side of google maps.

Alternately, you can zoom the pilots map from the main page into the selected area to give the desired results.
This was my post - sorry, I forgot to log out of the admin account.

davidtg

Post by davidtg » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:40 pm

Steve, et al --
admin wrote:You can deselect the fosters in the box on the left side of google maps.
I tried that, and got only half way through the list before my left wrist, tabbing through a zillion checkboxes, started complaining -- and Maps, meanwhile, lost its mind and blanked everything. Ah, well.
I did that this time around. That meant a lot of scrolling and hoping that I was seeing everyone. Ah, well.

I think I may just settle for pullin gup the route and then clicking directly on every plane down the left side rather than trying to spot them on the map itself. If you ever come up with a "pilots only" (or "volunteers only") option, please let us know!

Thanks again & Happy New Year