DONE!!Dash & his wheels Indpls,IN to Montgomery,AL

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
deeogee1
PNP Transport Advisor
Zip Code: 46254
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

DONE!!Dash & his wheels Indpls,IN to Montgomery,AL

Post by deeogee1 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:29 pm

Dash is a puggle X boy who was hit by a car. He was taken to a local Humane Society. He suffered a spinal injury, but a wheelchair was donated and now he has an adopter in AL.
DASH: “I guess I dashed when I should have ducked!”

On June 16, 09, I was trying to cross a busy street in Fishers and I thought I had made it to safety. Sadly, the last thing I remember seeing was a big tire come straight at me. I was brought to the HSHC where it was determined that I had suffered a spinal injury. After receiving crucial medical attention, I went into a foster home so that I could recover in a quiet environment. I forgot to mention that I am about 1 ½ years old, an unusual black, tan and white Puggle boy with perhaps a little terrier thrown in for good measure. I’m not very big, but I have a big personality! I’m full of energy and my recovery has been remarkable. Just because I have some paralysis in my hind-quarters, that doesn’t mean I don’t get around. Once I felt strong enough, I enjoyed chasing balls and playing tag with my foster family. You know, when you are a happy kind of guy, you don’t let the hard knocks get you down. I love life! I look on every day as a gift and an opportunity to have fun. I potty on my own and can scoot around so fast my foster mommy can’t even keep up with me!

And THEN, the most exciting thing happened! The people at the shelter found a very nice company that donated a “Dash-sized” wheeled cart just for me! Although I was a bit scared of it at first, once I got the hang of it I just flew around the room, ears flapping, wind in my face, bugs in my teeth..........just kiddin’. But it sure felt great to run again! Now all I need is a forever family who will be happy to have a friendly, out-going dog with just a bit of a challenge. I have a great temperament and I have already been neutered. Really, I am the complete package: a love bug on wheels!
Image Image
Last edited by deeogee1 on Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BenLauer

Re: Dash & his wheels need a ride Indpls,IN to Birmingham,AL

Post by BenLauer » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:07 pm

I can help on this transport. Possibly getting the dog to Bowling Green, KY. My dates are flexible, but require VFR weather, and during this time of the year means basically clear skys.

Ben

ghog

Post by ghog » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:05 pm

Hello! I just posted a request to get two senior aussies to Savannah, GA. If there is a way for us to coordinate our efforts to get all 3 dogs to GA and AL that would be great!
Please let me know thoughts!
Kim

deeogee1
PNP Transport Advisor

Post by deeogee1 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:32 pm

ghog wrote:Hello! I just posted a request to get two senior aussies to Savannah, GA. If there is a way for us to coordinate our efforts to get all 3 dogs to GA and AL that would be great!
Please let me know thoughts!
Kim
Sounds like a good idea if the pilots have enough room for all.

Thank you, Ben. That would be a huge help.

deeogee1
PNP Transport Advisor

Re: Dash & his wheels need a ride Indpls,IN to Montgomery,AL

Post by deeogee1 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:46 pm

Suggested route:
2 segment path: 465 nm
KTYQ- M88 231 nm
M88 -MGM 233 nm

Code Location
KTYQ Indianapolis [Indianapolis Executive Airport], IN
M88 Nashville [Cornelia Fort Airpark], TN
MGM Montgomery [Montgomery Regional Airport (Dannelly Field)], AL

ghog

Post by ghog » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:48 pm

It sounds like Dash is smaller and the two Aussie boys are probably 120 pounds maximum. Ben stated he could go up to 200#. So would probably be pretty close to that range with the crates and wheelchair.
So glad you found a great home for Dash!
Thanks Ben for your help!

davidtg

Post by davidtg » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:17 pm

Hi, all --

We're a bit off the path and only have a small plane, but if Dash and his chair can fit in our 20d x 40w x 36h little luggage space (we're used to thinking in terms of puppy crates for what little thinking we've done so far) and it would be helpful to take him from Nashville to Huntsville (or similar on each side) then we'd be happy to take part.

Happy New Year

deeogee1
PNP Transport Advisor

Post by deeogee1 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:00 am

Hi David,
I'm waiting on info regarding Dash's weight/size. Our IN weather is iffy at the moment as snow is coming today/tomorrow. But I have an IFR pilot that might be doing the first leg--so paws crossed.
I see you posted on the sr aussie thread too. Depending on whether we can get all 3 to Nashville and what Kim has arranged, you might be most needed by her as her trip is longer and urgent. Let's see how we can get everyone to their destinations with all these offers. We are very appreciative of the kind offers received, and looking forward to working with you.

Joanne

deeogee1
PNP Transport Advisor

Post by deeogee1 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:10 pm

Dash is about 20 lbs (shelter scale is broken--so this is their rough estimate) and his wheels are maybe 10lbs?

We are on hold for WX forecast before we know about this weekend.

davidtg

Post by davidtg » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:38 pm

Joanne, et al --
deeogee1 wrote:Dash is about 20 lbs (shelter scale is broken--so this is their rough estimate) and his wheels are maybe 10lbs?
OK; wecan definitely carry that weight and can very probably carry that bulk. So that could work.
We are on hold for WX forecast before we know about this weekend.
It looks like we're going the other way this weekend, with definitely one and possibly two trips between Atlanta and Charlotte. Keep us posted on the progress, though; we might be able to do something during the week and/or the Sunday trip might not materialize.

Happy New Year