Border Collie - Dallas, NC - Gainesville, FL area*Done*

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
MuttsMom

Border Collie - Dallas, NC - Gainesville, FL area*Done*

Post by MuttsMom » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:31 pm

Border Collie teenager is sitting in a high kill shelter with a January 7th put down date and has to be out by the 6th, Wed. (tomorrow). There's a foster home that can take him but she's in FL. She can meet a pilot in JAX, Gainesville (GO GATORS) :D If someone is available to get him started South I can look for another pilot to meet you as soon as I know how far the 1st pilot can fly.

Thanks!
Last edited by MuttsMom on Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

davidtg

Re: Border Collie - Dallas, NC - Gainesville, FL area

Post by davidtg » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:31 pm

Hi, all --

I might be able to pick him up in Dallas/Charlotte, but I think I could instead partner with someone who can bring him closer to me. I could then take him down to Perry or perhaps even a little more south to meet someone who could take him farther.

If this would be helpful, let me know.

Happy New Year

MuttsMom

Post by MuttsMom » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:11 am

Hi David,

Thanks so much for the offer, but pilots around Dallas, NC are few and neither of them can help with this one.

davidtg

Post by davidtg » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:18 am

Nancy --
MuttsMom wrote:Thanks so much for the offer, but pilots around Dallas, NC are few and neither of them can help with this one.
I'm a bit confused here... Are you saying that you don't need me for this leg or that you do?

HNY

MuttsMom

Post by MuttsMom » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:02 am

Getting him down to Atlanta or closer to you is a problem. The 2 pilots that are close to Dallas, aren't available this week. There's someone that's going from Concord - Clearwater on the 10th, so if I can find someone to pull and foster for a few days, one of the Dobi rescuers has offered to get him to the airport in Concord.

davidtg

Post by davidtg » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:40 am

Nancy, et al --
MuttsMom wrote:Getting him down to Atlanta or closer to you is a problem.
Since I'm in the Atlanta area, perhaps I'm the solution to that problem :-)

If there's anyone who can get him closer to me, then I can get him farther south. If not, though, I can get to Charlotte/Dallas and then down toward Augusta or so.

How does that sound?

HTH & HNY

davidtg

Post by davidtg » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:22 am

Nancy, et al --
MuttsMom wrote:... The 2 pilots that are close to Dallas, aren't available this week.
[snip]
BTW, what airport is in/near Dallas? Or would we just use Charlotte?

HNY

davidtg

Post by davidtg » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:43 pm

Hi, all --

Current news is that he's scheduled to go all the way to Clearwater with a NASCAR team owner. Yay! Watch for updates.

Happy New Year

MuttsMom

Re: Border Collie - Dallas, NC - Gainesville, FL area*DONE*

Post by MuttsMom » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:07 pm

This cutie is with a wonderful foster family for the rescue that took him in. Thanks to Jodi and Cathy for making this all come together.