3 labs need transport - Smithfield, NC to Keene, NH

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
nrhalnp
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

3 labs need transport - Smithfield, NC to Keene, NH

Post by nrhalnp » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:56 pm

Help! I have 3 labs (a chocolate male, neutered and about 1 year old and about 40 lbs; a black male and a yellow male that I know nothing about but will find out for you) that need transport to Keene, NH. They are in Johnston County, NC (Smithfield). Please let me know pilots' availability and schedules, and how I can plan this trip? Thanks.

Joy Frannicola
[email protected]

nrhalnp

UPDATE - Re: 3 labs need transport - Smithfield, NC to Keene

Post by nrhalnp » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:05 am

yellow male is about 2 years old and about 55 lbs. chocolate male is about 45 lbs. Still waiting on info for black male. Can anyone help me with these guys? They are all going to the same place, so a plane that could take all 3 would be wonderful!!!

Joy Frannicola
(919) 398-5230

pharris

Re: 3 labs need transport - Smithfield, NC to Keene, NH

Post by pharris » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:01 pm

Hi Joy,
I can help out on the northern end anytime on Saturday (1/9). Its too far for me to cover the whole thing by myself so I would need to meet another pilot covering the southern end at either Cape May, NJ (KWWD) or if need be Salisbury, MD (KSBY). I would deliver them to the airport in Keene, NH (KEEN). Sounds like these guys are good sized so I hope they all get along well....
I'll standy by hoping someone will pick up the southern leg!
Pete Harris
Piper Archer
Based in Northampton, MA (7B2)

mchutto
Zip Code: 23322
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KCPK

Post by mchutto » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:11 pm

Pete and I can cover this on Saturday. We have worked together in the past on several transports. When can you have the dogs at the Smithfield airport? I can pick them up anytime after 9:30 AM. We need to get them early because it is an all day operation and Pete needs to get back to his home base before dark. The daylight is limited this time of year.

Marty Hutto

nrhalnp

Post by nrhalnp » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:01 am

Hey, Marty -

Sorry - I got your email on my personal email and not through the office (this one). Anyway, I won't be able to have health certificates by tomorrow (Saturday). 2 of the dogs are in the shelter and have only the veterinary records from the shelter. The other one is coming up from Pinehurst on Sunday.

I appreciate your help in this and I wish I could have taken advantage of your offer, but the earliest they can go is Sunday.

Joy

nrhalnp

DONE!!! Re: 3 labs need transport - Smithfield, NC to Keene

Post by nrhalnp » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:09 pm

The transport ended up being only one dog today, but I'm happy to say that Barkley is on his way to his new home in New Hampshire!! Thanks to Pilots Greg Wright and Ed Abrams for giving this great dog a chance at a new life!

Joy Frannicola
[email protected]
(919) 398-5230