Completed transports data base

Need tech support using the forum? Check for answers here or post a question.
rsipp

Completed transports data base

Post by rsipp » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:11 pm

Perhaps there would be value in a simple on line data base that could be used to document the stats for our transports.

Data such as pilot, dept/arrival points, number of animals etc. would be all that is necessary. Having the data compiled nationally could be very useful for any number reasons.

I know I should take up the torch, but am not computer literate enough to do it right.

First flight today: I pointer and 13 pupies.

Dick Sipp

davidtg

Re: Completed transports data base

Post by davidtg » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:28 pm

Dick, et al --
rsipp wrote:Perhaps there would be value in a simple on line data base that could be used to document the stats for our transports.
I've been thinking about this a bit. I like the idea in general, but I think the challenge may be data entry and maintenance; just getting people to post in the right forums or post 'DONE' updates is challenging enough. I bet that the year-end totals would be pretty awesome to see, though :-)
First flight today: I pointer and 13 pupies.
Woo hoo! That's awesome :-)

HAND

DaisysDad
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KSRQ
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by DaisysDad » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:58 am

If anyone in a posting thread was permitted to check a COMPLETED/FILLED/DONE box which would then request a transport count - we could possibly solve both problems at once. As long as the username checking the box was recorded there should not be a problem with abuse.

An additional checkbox to CANCEL a posting would be useful as long as the consent of the orignal poster was received before the posting was permanently removed. Automated scripts should help with these posting logistics.
Steve
Sarasota, FL

davidtg

Post by davidtg » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:14 pm

Steve, et al --
DaisysDad wrote:If anyone in a posting thread was permitted ... we could possibly solve both problems at once.
[snip]
Hey, I'm likin' that idea. Good thinking! I'd say the odds are much higher that any one of the many people involved in the transport, rather than just the original poster, would have the inclination to, and would remember to, update a thread as simply as that.

Thanks! & HAND