UPDATE! Deployed soldier's lab needs transport from NC to NH

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
nrhalnp
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

UPDATE! Deployed soldier's lab needs transport from NC to NH

Post by nrhalnp » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:10 pm

HELP, Please!!! I have a wonderful lab belonging to a soldier deployed overseas who needs transport to his rescue group in New Hampshire. The soldier will be returning to live on base, and is not allowed to keep Rex in the barracks. Rex is in foster care right now, but the foster cannot keep him, since he already has 3 dogs and no room. He has a wonderful rescue waiting for him, and applications lined up with potential adopters. We just need to get him there! Rex is about 60 lbs and is quiet, laid back and affectionate. Pilots! If you can help me, please email me directly at [email protected] or call me. Thanks so much!

I just found out this will be a great media opportunity, as well - the local CBS-TV affiliate (WRAL) will have a camera crew at the airport to tape this flight, and there will be a reporter from the News & Observer on hand as well. Great Publicity for Pilots N Paws !!

Please help me make this happen!!

Joy Frannicola
(919) 398-5230
[email protected]

MooneyPhil

Re: UPDATE! Deployed soldier's lab needs transport from NC to NH

Post by MooneyPhil » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:06 am

Hi, where in NH is this guy scheduled to go, NH goes up a long way north. Its a long flight so perhaps could be divided into two. I could help with the northern part. ... Phil

nrhalnp

Post by nrhalnp » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:51 am

Hi, Phil -

He's going to the airport at Keene, NH which, I understand, is about 40 minutes driving time from Springfield, Mass. I'm still trying to arrange the southern end of the transport - I might have a pilot available, just waiting to hear from his partner if they can do it next weekend. Please let me know your availability. Thanks.

Joy Frannicola
(919) 398-5230
[email protected]

MooneyPhil

Post by MooneyPhil » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:09 am

Hi,

I know Keene and that would be fine. Keene is in the foothills just to the east of the Green Mountains so weather can be a significant factor this time of year. I do not know how the weather is shaping up for next weekend, if the weather gives us a choice, which it often doesn't then Saturday works best for me. If the mountains cause a bad weather issue there are other airports just to west of the mountains or further to the SE of Keene that might provide easy (30 minute) driving options. In that area weather on either side of the maintain line can be as different as chalk and cheese, so even if Keene is socked in, 30 minutes to the west may be sunny or visa versa.

I can be flexible on timing, I'll wait to here from you ... Phil

nrhalnp

Post by nrhalnp » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:39 pm

Thanks, Phil.

Do you know Marty Chutto? He's the pilot I'm working with for the Southern leg of the trip. He has a guy in NJ - Pete Harris - that he usually flies legs with, but we're not sure about Pete since he's supposed to have his plane go for its annual inspection. I appreciate the offer to help, and I'll let you know as soon as we're set on this end. We're working on Saturday .....

BTW, Rex is about 60 lbs and by all accounts is supposed to be very well mannered and loves to go for rides.

Joy

MooneyPhil

Post by MooneyPhil » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:45 pm

Hi, I do not know Marty, I understand people develop a tag team for flights like this which is great. If Peter is not able to complete the northern leg in the time frame you need because his plane is down for annual I would be happy to help out. I have tie down up in Rutland, VT (on the other side of the mountains to Keene) as well as one in Bridgeport so i am familiar with that region.

Let me know if I can help, Phil

nrhalnp

Post by nrhalnp » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:14 pm

Phil -

Marty's partner Pete will not be able to help out on this transport. I've given Marty your contact information - he said he would try to reach out to you and see what you guys can work out. Thanks.

Joy
[email protected]
(919) 398-5230

NConsult
Zip Code: 18660
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KAVP
Distance willing to fly one way: 200

Post by NConsult » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:33 pm

Not knowing where Rex is in NC, I can run down to Southern Virginia and bring Rex back to Northeastern Pa. Maybe link up with another pilot from the North. I am hangered in Wilkes Barre and can fly to Blacksburg or Roanoke pretty easy. Rick

nrhalnp

Post by nrhalnp » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:25 pm

Thanks for the offer, Rick - but I think we've got it covered (at least I have two offers, one for the southern leg (NC to VA or MD) and the northern leg (on to NH). I really appreciate all you guys do!!

Joy

davrob
Zip Code: 27518
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KJNX

Post by davrob » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:16 pm

I can help with the southern part from NC to northern Va. during the week if that can be of any help. Dave R