CANCEL- Rescued dog IS ALMOST AT HIS FOREVER HOME!

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
julyt4

CANCEL- Rescued dog IS ALMOST AT HIS FOREVER HOME!

Post by julyt4 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:26 pm

I am needing to transport a rescued dog located in Oklahoma City, OK. He is under 20 pounds and is currently in a foster home. I would like to adopt him and am requesting transportation to the LaCrosse or Madison Wisconsin area. The foster parents said there are two airports in OK and would be able to bring him to either airport. I live between LaCrosse WI and Madison WI. If you can help, please email asap. [email protected] Thank you, Julyt4
P.S. 1/27/2010 Transportation by ground is possible with the rescue group that has him in foster care this weekend to Iowa depending on the weather. It's supposed to have freezing rain and snow in the areas of travel. I will update this as soon as I know if they were able to go. Thank you SO MUCH to all who have been so helpful and kind.
UPDATE: It looks like he's made it to Iowa! I will be picking him up this weekend!!!! Thank you to all of you willing pilots who would have helped if he wasn't ground transported.
Last edited by julyt4 on Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Warrior47321
Zip Code: 66006
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KIXD
Distance willing to fly one way: 300

Re: Rescued dog needs transport to forever home

Post by Warrior47321 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:43 pm

If the foster parents would be willing to get the dog to Guthrie (north of Oklahoma City) I'd be willing to pick him up and fly him to Kansas City. Or if you can get him to KC I'd fly him to Ames, IA. Weekends preferred.

Scott
Scott Lauridsen
[email protected]
Based @ IXD (Kansas CIty)

julyt4

Post by julyt4 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:22 pm

Hello Scott, I've been in touch with the foster parents and the rescue groups in Oklahoma, Southern Illinois and Missouri. They are trying to figure who can transport him to where you can pick him up. It looks like the best possible thing that will happen is the rescues can get him to Kansas City. I can then drive to meet you in Iowa. I just hope the weather will be in our favor. As soon as I find out more information I will let you know. My Schipperke just passed away December 18TH after a two year battle with severe allergies which caused him to cough and his trachea to collapse in the spring and fall. Even after allergy shots we had to resort to surgery to put a stent in his trachea just a couple of months ago to keep his trachea open since he was becoming unable to breathe at all and collapse. He continued to cough from the allergies until the snow had finally arrived and he had two good days without coughing. He passed away suddenly from what the vet believes to have been a heart attack or a stroke. I'm SO lost without him. Thank you for being so kind to offer your help. Julyt4/Debbie

mikeselwa
Zip Code: 53066
Foster?: Yes
Airport identifier: 02C
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by mikeselwa » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:05 am

HI, I am a pilot located in the Milwaukee, Wisconsin area. I may be able to help with your transport from Ames IA to Wisconsin. I also have a suggestion and if it is too complicated, I understand. There is a cat in Oklahoma City that needs a ride home to Portage Indiana. Is it possible for the cat to hitch a ride to Ames with the dog? I could then pick them both up in Ames, take the dog to Wisconsin and then take the cat to Indiana. The more the merrier! I am available to fly Friday through Sunday. I hope I can help.

Mike
262 443 0160

Here is a link to the cat's transport request:
http://pilotsnpaws.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5923

Warrior47321
Zip Code: 66006
Foster?: No
Airport identifier: KIXD
Distance willing to fly one way: 300

Post by Warrior47321 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:38 am

Sounds like a workable plan for me. Unfortunately I will be out of town 1/30-31 but should be available the following weekend. There are several pilots in the KC area that could replace me next weekend if needed.

Scott
Scott Lauridsen
[email protected]
Based @ IXD (Kansas CIty)

julyt4

Post by julyt4 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:18 pm

Hello Scott, Thanks for getting back to me. I've heard from a pilot trying to move a cat in OK to IN and is willing to take the dog and cat together. He can take them from Iowa to WI and IN. That would mean the move from OK to Kansas City you offered to do would be leg 1 if you are still able to do that. I know you did mention you will be out of town so it would be a different weekend. We would need leg 2 from Kansas City to Iowa. Would you be willing to transport a cat with the dog I am wanting to adopt? It might be easier if the lady in IN and I work together on connecting the legs together and we would have all three routes figured out hopefully faster. What do you think of that? I wouldn't want to assume it was ok with you without asking. Thank you SO much! Julyt4

julyt4

Post by julyt4 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:57 pm

Hello Mike, Thank you so much for your willingness to take the dog I want to adopt along with the cat you are transporting. I left a post for the lady wanting to adopt the cat to look for a second leg. If you took them from Iowa that would be great, (leg 3). There is a pilot willing to transport the dog from OK to Kansas City if they are able to take the cat too that would be,(leg 1). We would just need a pilot to go from Kansas City to Iowa and we would have all a complete transport. (leg 2) A BIG THANK YOU FOR YOUR WILLINGNESS TO HELP! Julyt4 Debbie

mikeselwa
Zip Code: 53066
Foster?: Yes
Airport identifier: 02C
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by mikeselwa » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:06 pm

I am available for the Iowa to Wisconsin/Indiana leg most any weekend, Friday though Sunday.

Mike

julyt4

Post by julyt4 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:50 pm

Thank you so much Mike. I'll keep working on finding a Kansas City pilot to go to Iowa. Thank you! Julyt4 Debbie

Viktro

Post by Viktro » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:02 am

Julyt4,
Hi, I'm Vikki the lady needing the transport for the cat from Oklahoma City. I have sent you several pms and emails, but I haven't heard back from you. I have been working on finding that 2nd leg for transport. If you are no longer interested or have found some other transport, please let me know so I can start planning other arrangements.

Thanks,
Vikki