Transport of 4 month old lab JAX to FLL *DONE*

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
davidtg

Re: 4 mth Lab needs transport from CLT to FLL or KHWO

Post by davidtg » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:32 am

Hi again, all --
hectorc wrote:Assistance needed to transport 4 month old female lab
[snip]
Do we still need this flight? The weather is looking good for Sunday and we just might be able to put this together.

Hector, I know I still owe you crate measurements so you can see if she will fit in what I have. Hang in there :-)

HTH & HAND

hectorc

Post by hectorc » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:59 am

davidtg wrote:Hi again, all --

Do we still need this flight? The weather is looking good for Sunday and we just might be able to put this together.

Hector, I know I still owe you crate measurements so you can see if she will fit in what I have. Hang in there :-)

HTH & HAND
David,

Sunday sounsd great !Well we talked about maybe doing KAVL to KGSP to KPXE with the Sharpei Puppy on fly #2? I definitely need the measurements to know if they fit, otherwise I will have to keep it they way it is and do 3 legs ;)

Thanks
-H

davidtg

Post by davidtg » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:30 am

Hi, all --
davidtg wrote: Do we still need this flight? The weather is looking good for Sunday and we just might be able to put this together.
[snip]
Things are firming up, and it looks like this and "tentative 2" (http://pilotsnpaws.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5819) may happen together. Woo hoo! :-)

HAND

lshirey

Post by lshirey » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:12 am

I imagine there has been much “off-board” coordination so please excuse my confusion.

Will this transport, with or without the shar pei, include a leg into/out of CAE???

Thanks,
Larry

hectorc

Post by hectorc » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:36 am

Larry,

I'm so sorry for not keeping you in the loop, I was going to post this today , OK David has a leg from KGSP to KPXE for a Sharpei pup, that's going to FLL, I was able to coordinate with David to combine the Lab at KAVL then the sharpei at KGSP and take them to KPXE, where they will be taken to FLL, so no leg at CAE will be needed.

Thanks so much for your help !!

-Hector

lshirey

Post by lshirey » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:59 am

Thank you for the update.
I’m glad to hear that this will be a successful transport for 2 dogs. It is really encouraging to see how you guys came together to make this happen and fulfill the need of another dog in the process.

Larry

davidtg

Post by davidtg » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:14 am

Good morning!
davidtg wrote: Things are firming up, and it looks like this and "tentative 2" (http://pilotsnpaws.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5819) may happen together. Woo hoo! :-)
ARRRGH! We've lost our second-leg pilot and are looking for another. Who wants to fly up to Macon/Perry/Augusta to pick up two new friends?

TIA & HAND

lshirey

Re: 4 mth Lab Last leg needed from Macon/Perry/Augusta to FLL

Post by lshirey » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:24 pm

The forecasted "ice storm" will likely keep me grounded into and through Sunday. My launch field has no way to clear the runway if it gets a sheet of ice on it. Perhaps start arranging for foster for the next several days until the weather quits acting up??? I'll keep monitoring this thread to see if I can help.

Thanks,
Larry

davidtg

Post by davidtg » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:49 pm

Hi, all --
davidtg wrote:...
The weather is looking good for Sunday and we just might be able to put this together.
[snip]
The Friday and Saturday weather looks thick enough to probably leave airports still blocked on Sunday even if the skies are clear by then. I'll check on Saturday morning *if* another pilot pops up, but it looks like we're postponed for a while.

HTH & HANW

aamsler

Re: 4 mth Lab Last leg needed from Macon/Perry/Augusta to FLL

Post by aamsler » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:34 pm

If you need help with the Columbia leg, or close to Columbia on Sunday, let me know.