FLYINS

Promote and discuss fly-ins, and form Pilots N Paws "clubs" in your area.
admin
Site Admin
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: FLYINS

Post by admin » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:56 am

[quote="emartin"]I would like to make a spot here to post your Flyins.

Here you go, ask and we will do our best to make it happen! Should be an exciting, planning various PNP events across the country, have fun!!

Debi

davidtg

Post by davidtg » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:04 am

Debi --
admin wrote:Here you go
[snip]
Thanks so much!

:-D

Skywagon180

Post by Skywagon180 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:06 pm

I am seeing that organization is a need with this. I am doing my first transport in the morning. Weather is a factor. Since I am a corporate pilot, my mentality is to decrease the "deadhead" legs. I am flying over 700 miles tomorrow and only 54 miles is without a 4 legged passenger. One leg has 14 dogs. But, if the weather craps out on me, I have counted up about 13 phone calls that I need to make to shut the day down. I have counted 132 e-mails in the past few days to get this set up. There has got to be a better way. :?

Jon

Post by Jon » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:21 am

Skywagon,

This is a hijacking of the thread, but like you I fly as full as possible trying to get the hours flown per pup saved down to a minimum. Often to do that I have complex transports involving multiple sending and receiving rescues.

As the transport plan develops I try to use global emails as the communications medium. Obviously once it starts a cell is needed, but even then I can ask those involved to spread the word such as in a message tree.

The emails and complexities become much less as you deal regularly with the rescues. You get to know one another, they learn how to use sites such as AirNav and once I get started we tend to use the same airports so the only real communications relate to when and how many of what size. The only time the emails seem endless is when the weather is unsettled. If the weather has the potential for icing or dropping below minimums I have no choice but to advise everyone that the plans may fall apart at the last minute. I often will cancel and reschedule prematurely so all involved can get on with other plans if the probability of icing for example may be high.

Most often the rash of emails is when first time rescues need a lot of detailed information which is understandible.

emartin

Post by emartin » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:37 pm

I put a pst under pilot discussion,but right here its posted.Soggestion,put up 1 for S Central pnp,1 SW,1 nc 1 nw,get the drift,and anyone wanting could post UNDER the 1 that applies.So far I have 2 pilots,about 50 more in 3 more weeks.I look at the map of pilots and we are so covered up I cant find myself,Where are you guys??If I had the emails just for the guys within 50 miles of my airport it would be at least 50??Whats with you people?A nice 5000ft runway,Burgers and you dont want to fly,come on hurt me,

emartin

Post by emartin » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:54 pm

Previous thread,this is THE reason we need 1 another info and to get together!Then if we need help,we call.And if you know someone its harder to turn down,ha ha

emartin

Post by emartin » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:10 pm

I totally beleive if you can ACTUALLY get the pilots to meet,then all things are possible.Pilots as a whole are pretty solitary,self confidant and self made,intelligent,arrogant,we all beleive we can either keep it in the air or put it down safely without a engine.Or we wouldnt fly it.So we all have something in common! So lets start our own chapters,and have some fun,and a little organization.I want a MINIMUM of 50 planes at Claremore OK in 3 1/2 weeks!Sign up

emartin

Post by emartin » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:55 am

We now have a tentative date for the Claremore Ok Flyin for the last weekend of Feb or the 1st weekend of March.The airport manager is all for it,So whats the deal?Im not receiving much response here.We dont want our 1st Flyin to be a no show.Why dont you pilots talk to the other pilot you know and see if you cant get someone interested?So far I think we have a whopping 2 to go.Need 48 more.Come on people,make it work,I need a little help

admin
Site Admin
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by admin » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:02 am

emartin wrote:We now have a tentative date for the Claremore Ok Flyin for the last weekend of Feb or the 1st weekend of March.The airport manager is all for it,So whats the deal?Im not receiving much response here.We dont want our 1st Flyin to be a no show.Why dont you pilots talk to the other pilot you know and see if you cant get someone interested?So far I think we have a whopping 2 to go.Need 48 more.Come on people,make it work,I need a little help
I have a suggestion for you since not all pilots read these posts everyday. Why not do a pilot search using our zip code tool. Choose a flight line between point a and b and then send an email notice out to these pilots?

here is the link to the tool:

http://www.pilotsnpaws.org/forum/phpbb_transport.php

I will be announcing a fly in for this coming June in the Greenville, SC area, should be fun!

Debi

tazman

Post by tazman » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:20 pm

I am in EAA Chapter 972 at Gladewater Texas (07F) and we have a fly-in for breakfast or lunch every 3rd weekend most of the year. This might be a good location for a periodic gathering ??? Our next fly-in is March 27th, 2010. :?: