URGENT THIS WEEK! - Wilson, NC to St. Louis, MO - 11 lives *

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
admin
Site Admin
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: URGENT THIS WEEK! - Wilson, NC to St. Louis, MO - 11 lives *

Post by admin » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:24 pm

I would just like to take a minute and urge everyone who is working so hard together on these longer transports to please take the time to have volunteer temporary fosters on standby. Pilots should not feel pressured, if the weather turns ugly, to continue on because they have a commitment to meet another pilot. Safety first, for all, and this includes having temp fosters lined up along your route so that no one is stuck, particularly the animals, without a safe place to overnight.

Sometimes mechanical issues keep the pilot who was supposed to meet you grounded. This has happened and the people involved were not prepared with a temp foster lined up. We searched and found one, but if you plan ahead, this won't become an issue.

We have a foster map and a list of Other Volunteer offers on this board. Please utilize the tools available to you. Keep in mind that it is the responsibility of the sending and receiving rescues to approve any overnights.

Thanks all, for working to get these pups to safety.

Admin

3mtnlabbie

Post by 3mtnlabbie » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:06 pm

We actually have fosters in EVERY town thanks to PNP!!! This network is amazing.

Please - everybody do the "Good Weather MOJO Dance" ! Our journey of 1700+ miles has started!

blackbird
Zip Code: 98274
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KAWO
Distance willing to fly one way: 250

Post by blackbird » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:43 am

Hello, Two new pilots to Pilots N Paws in STL. We could take your KY to STL route I think. Please contact me via email @ [email protected] to give us further details. Thanks, Scott

3mtnlabbie

Post by 3mtnlabbie » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:54 pm

sent ya an email Scott!

Great news - the transport is up and running. All 3 ground legs are done. Two of the 6 air legs are also done!

Paws crossed and thank you for all the support everybody!

Flork

Post by Flork » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:02 pm

If Sat doesn't work I can probably fly on Sunday morning. Mon afternoon is also a possibility but snow is predicted.

Aaron
913-515-6207

3mtnlabbie

Post by 3mtnlabbie » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:30 am

Flork wrote:If Sat doesn't work I can probably fly on Sunday morning. Mon afternoon is also a possibility but snow is predicted.

Aaron
913-515-6207
We have to get them to St. Louis first. :) We may need to coordinate Leg 3 and 4 on the same day...

3mtnlabbie

Post by 3mtnlabbie » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:46 pm

MISSION COMPLETE!!!

THANK YOU EVERYBODY!