Wildlife Rehabilitation

DO NOT LIST ANIMALS NEEDING TRANSPORT UNDER THIS SECTION! This Forum is for PILOTS ONLY to list their volunteer services to transport needy animals. Pilots, please list your name, email, phone number, type of aircraft, aircraft weight capacity/size, your general availability, and any other pertinent information. ** For privacy, if you include your email and phone number only in your profile then that will only be available to confirmed members. Otherwise it will be for public viewing.
All user requests for transport must be done via PM or email.

Wildlife Rehabilitation

Postby goosemama on Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:14 pm

Hi,

I am a NYS licensed wildlife rehabilitator who also has a USF & W license. Occasionally we have an animal that is non-releaseable and needs to placed with someone who has the proper licenses for display (zoos) or educational permits to do programs. Do any of the pilots transport wildlife??? I have a snowy owl that will need to be placed, but I don't know when or where yet. Just checking my options. Thank you.
goosemama

Re: Wildlife Rehabilitation

Postby Steve Foley on Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:12 pm

goosemama wrote:Hi,

I am a NYS licensed wildlife rehabilitator who also has a USF & W license. Occasionally we have an animal that is non-releaseable and needs to placed with someone who has the proper licenses for display (zoos) or educational permits to do programs. Do any of the pilots transport wildlife??? I have a snowy owl that will need to be placed, but I don't know when or where yet. Just checking my options. Thank you.

I don't know what restrictions there may be on transporting wildlife, but I don't think it would be any different than transporting via private automobile. Assuming the animal is properly caged/crated, it really shouldn't be a problem.
The best way to contact me is via email:

steve dot foley at gmail dot com
Steve Foley
Webmaster

Postby DJK3737T on Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:39 pm

I don't know about the legal niceties -- I'd leave that to your expertise! -- but I would have no problem transporting wildlife provided the choice of enclosure minimized the risk of damage to my airplane.

I'm located in Frederick, Maryland, so I'm within reach of southern and eastern New York provided the destination is back down this way or at least not too much further north. You can reach me via the "private message" feature.

Keep up the good work!

-- DJK
DJK3737T
DJK3737T

Postby JERRY S. on Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:42 pm

I am a pilot in the Northern NJ area. About 30-45 min from NYC.

I would like to welcome you to the Pilot N Paws website.
As far as transporting wild animals, if you could tell us about the legal requirments & rules regarding transportation, as well as any special requirments these animals might need I am sure these pilot will be more than happy to help you.

If you need any help please feel fre to contact me.

My email address is JTS42481@aol.com

Welcome aboard!
JERRY S.

Return to Listing: Pilots Volunteering Services