(DONE!!) 2 SHELTER LABS NEED TRANSPORT TO RESCUE

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
nrhalnp
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

(DONE!!) 2 SHELTER LABS NEED TRANSPORT TO RESCUE

Post by nrhalnp » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:13 pm

THANKS RUDY AND TERRY FOR GETTING BUDDY AND MIKEY TO THEIR RESCUE AND NEW HOME!!!! YOU GUYS ARE WONDERFUL!

TRIP PLANNED FOR 2/28 WAS SNOWED OUT!!! HELP NEEDED TO GET THESE GUYS NORTH!! 2 LAB MALES PULLED FROM AN EXTREMELY HIGH-KILL SHELTER IN NC NEED TRANSPORT TO THEIR LIFE-SAVING RESCUE IN NEW HAMPSHIRE. Both are about 3 years old, the chocolate ("Buddy") weighs about 50 l bs and is intact - he's a real sweetheart, someone put a lot of time into training this one, and the black (Mikey, a lab/hound mix) weighs about 30 lbs and is neutered. Someone tried to kill poor Mikey by bashing him on the head - he was nursed back to health and then abandoned at the shelter. Dates and times are flexible - a minimum of 2 legs (Smithfield NC to VA or MD and then on to Keene NH) or 3 legs (Smithfield NC to VA, then to NY and then to NH) has worked best on this route. They can be transported in soft-sided crates or tethered. They get along with each other famously! Harnesses and leashes will be supplied, as will soft-sided crates.

Dates and times are flexible - If anyone can help with these 2 precious boys, please contact me directly at (919) 398-5230 or by email to either of the following email addresses:

[email protected] or [email protected]

Thank you all!

Joy Frannicola.
Last edited by nrhalnp on Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

pharris

Re: URGENT - 2 SHELTER LABS NEED TRANSPORT TO RESCUE

Post by pharris » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:17 pm

Hi Joy,
Are you having any luck with this transport? I can help with the northern leg from NJ/Eastern PA to NH, however the weather for the northeast isn't looking favorable for this weekend. It looks like Sunday holds the most hope, I'll keep watching the forecast.
Pete
Based in Northampton MA (7B2)

nrhalnp

Post by nrhalnp » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:59 am

Hi, Pete -

I did have a pilot offer to do the Southern leg on Sunday, but was unable to connect for the Northern part. Let me check with him and see if Sunday is still a go.

Bless you!

Joy

pharris

Post by pharris » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:05 am

Hi Joy,
I am afraid the weather on Sunday is looking very doubtful here in New England. We seem to getting steady winter weather.. I am obligated next weekend, so the earliest I can offer to make the trip at this point, is March 13.
Sorry,
Pete

nrhalnp

Post by nrhalnp » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:20 pm

Thanks, Pete.

I definitely don't want you guys (you and the pups) flying in dangerous conditions.

I'll wait and see what else I can work out for them.

Take care.

Joy

LuvFlying

Post by LuvFlying » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:37 pm

I can do a NY to NH leg. I'm mostly available weekdays.

nrhalnp

Post by nrhalnp » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:02 pm

Thank you! Let me see if I can find someone down here to do the Southern portion of the trip.

Joy