Done: Deaf Senior Dal from Sacramento, CA to Injured Veteran

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
JJenista

Done: Deaf Senior Dal from Sacramento, CA to Injured Veteran

Post by JJenista » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:46 pm

I have arranged commercial cargo transportation for Pepper on Wed Mar 17. Appreciate those who reviewed this request, and the assistance that was offered.

Sincerely,

j!m jen!sta

Pepper is a 12-year-old, 75 lb, tall, long Dalmatian who is deaf but otherwise healthy (shots and physical exam are current) and even-tempered. He belonged to my sister in Sacramento who died of colon cancer last September, and he has been in foster care in nearby Auburn since then. Efforts to adopt out Pepper locally have been unsuccessful, but we were recently contacted by a female soldier at Fort Campbell, Kentucky, who is recovering in hospital from injuries suffered while deployed overseas. She is now deaf in one ear, and saw an ad for Pepper, evidently "e-bonded" with him, and has agreed to adopt him. Her health care providers believe the adoption will help in her recovery, so I am trying to arrange transport as soon as practicable (early-to-mid-March), although dates are flexible. I live in Colorado Springs, CO, but can supply contact information for Pepper's foster provider. At the receiving end, the soldier's fiance will accept Pepper on the soldier's behalf and provide basic care while she recuperates.

I am very hopeful that we will be able to fulfill this soldier's wishes and deliver Pepper to her arms. Thank you for anything you may be able to do.

Jim Jenista
Last edited by JJenista on Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

staylor4
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KGPH
Distance willing to fly one way: 50

Re: Deaf Senior Dal from Sacramento, CA to Injured Veteran in KY

Post by staylor4 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:28 pm

I am located in Kansas City, MO. I am available to fly Pepper a couple hundred either side of Kansas City, if he comes up this way.
Sam Taylor