DONE Finally!!! Goldsboro, NC - New Windsor, NY

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
ria221
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

DONE Finally!!! Goldsboro, NC - New Windsor, NY

Post by ria221 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:05 pm

Small Terrier mom with eight --15 day old pups -NEXT TO DIE..OUT OF TIME... Located in HIGH-KILL shelter in Goldsboro, NC (GWW). Need to get from there to Stewart Airport (SWF) in New Windsor, NY as soon as possible. Times and days are flexible.

THiS is NOT a VERY BIG MAMA DOG AND THESE BEAUTIFUL PUPPIES WERE ON THE LIST TO BE PUT DOWN. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME TO GET THEM TO SAFETY AT OUR NO-KILL RESCUE IN New York.

Image Image Image
Last edited by ria221 on Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

kmoore17110

Re: goldsboro, NC - New Windsor, NY

Post by kmoore17110 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:30 am

If someone could get them to either Harrisburg, PA or Carlisle PA, I could get them to Stewart Airport.

Ken Moore

ria221

Post by ria221 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:30 pm

Can someone help from Goldsboro, NC or nearby??? I'm open to anywhere halfway from Goldsboro area to New Windsor, NY (SWF).

Thanks, Ken for offering to do a second leg. I will get back to you.

GaryS
Zip Code: 80134
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KAPA

Post by GaryS » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:28 pm

Here's another option - To make a first leg shorter/easier, I could possibly pick up the mom and pups at either Cambridge, MD (CGE) or Easton, MD (ESN), roughly 205 mi. from Goldsboro, and either take them to Harrisburg for the 3rd leg, or could also take them directly to SWF as long as I could leave CGE or ESN by noon. This would allow me to return home to Ft Meade, MD (FME) before sunset. I'm a VFR-only pilot. I may be able to do this on Sunday, weather and wind permitting. I have a Cessna 172 and can accommodate 2 medium crates - one in baggage, one tethered on the back seat.

Let me know If I can help.

GaryS
Gary S.
Daylight VFR Only

ria221

Post by ria221 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:10 pm

Gary,
Thanks for the offer. I will get back to you. I still don't have a pilot that can start the trip from Goldsboro, NC (GWW) or near there. I'd like to keep the flight(s) to 2 at the most. One from Goldsboro, NC (GWW) to somewhere halfway and then one from that halfway point to New Windsor, NY (SWF). It gets too confusing to all involved otherwise and more chance for problems.

mrbrightman

Post by mrbrightman » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:40 pm

How is this proceeding? I fly out of Leesburg VA (JYO) and could help but not in doing half. I could pick up the passengers in Goldsboro and bring them back to Leesburg VA if someone could pick up the next leg(s). Or I could take them from Leesburg north to SWF if someone could get them from Goldsboro to Leesburg..............

I could do the trip this Sunday (28th)..........

[email protected]

ria221

Post by ria221 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:47 pm

Thanks for your offer to help but the other pilots can't do Sunday. Looks like we might have something worked out for Saturday. I don't want to say definitely yet because it's not been verified.

herbfuchs
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KRDU

Post by herbfuchs » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:03 pm

I am planning a flight for 3 puppies from goldsboro to Winchester, VA on Saturday morning, and could take these along as well. I am probably going to get to Winchester by around 0915 or 0930, if that could help with your transport.

Herb Fuchs
Herb Fuchs
N3288M Cessna T310R
Durham, NC KRDU

ria221

Post by ria221 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:49 pm

Herb,

Long story but the passengers have changed. The 3 puppies are mine. Originally it was the mama and 8 babies. That group went to another rescue. So, now I'm rescuing the 3 choc lab pups instead. I didn't plan it that way but that's how it happened.

LuvFlying

Post by LuvFlying » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:44 pm

Ria,
I can do the last leg if things don't work out with Herb. (reminder: weekdays are best for me)
~Bob