Oregon pilot and plane available

DO NOT LIST ANIMALS NEEDING TRANSPORT UNDER THIS SECTION! This Forum is for PILOTS ONLY to list their volunteer services to transport needy animals. Pilots, please list your name, email, phone number, type of aircraft, aircraft weight capacity/size, your general availability, and any other pertinent information. ** For privacy, if you include your email and phone number only in your profile then that will only be available to confirmed members. Otherwise it will be for public viewing.
All user requests for transport must be done via PM or email.

Oregon pilot and plane available

Postby Roberts_rescue on Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:35 pm

My wife and I are both professional pilots and recently purchased a 1948 Stinson Stationwagon (S108-3)
On the positive side it will carry a significant weight (2 pilots, full fuel, 2 pax or combinations thereof) and fly
for 4 hours plus VFR reserves. On the negative side it will only do about 100 kts. We recently rescued a blood hound
from Redding,CA to Roseburg,OR and decided that this is a very worthwhile and gratifing activity. We only fly it VFR
and had to land in Weed,CA on the way to Redding because of smoke then drive the rest of the way to get "Zeke" and back
to Weed to complete the flight back to Roseburg. Fell in love with the dog, of course and decided to check out PNP at the suggestion of Debi Bois who had heard about this rescue. So hopefully we can be of assistance in the future. We have 4 dogs of our own and they all have flown with us so we have experience flying dogs. We once had a large dog that flew with us on the mail plane we were operating from Reno to Las Vegas 5 nights a week for two years. Everyone at both airports fell in love with "Max" and rarely acknowledged Coleen or me on arrival, only Max.
I see Jon has a Centurion to rescue with. What a great airplane that is. The collapsible crate looks like a good thing to get. Hope to hear from a needy animal lover, John
John Roberts
541-580-3860
Roberts_rescue

Return to Listing: Pilots Volunteering Services