Use of pnp images and slogans

A general discussion forum for all members interested in transporting needy animals.
Forum rules
Do not post transport requests here. Post them in Ride Board.
PilotChip
Zip Code: 92026
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KCRQ
Distance willing to fly one way: 200

Use of pnp images and slogans

Post by PilotChip » Sun May 10, 2009 12:11 pm

I was thinking about making some clothing or other products using the pnp name, image, slogan, and website, etc. What are the rules and/or guidelines for doing this properly?
Jason Chipkin | San Diego, CA | Flight Tracker: CMF01
Serving Southern California, Nevada and Arizona

Jon

Re: Use of pnp images and slogans

Post by Jon » Sun May 10, 2009 12:59 pm

We are attempting to get the PNP images and name copyright and trademark protected. I don't know the status because Debi has been involved in that with another PNP member.

I would like Deb or that member to respond to that question because it may have substantial legal ramifications if the response is incorrect.

admin
Site Admin
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by admin » Sun May 10, 2009 4:35 pm

Hi Jason,

The PNP name and logo are now Trademarked which means http://www.pilotsnpaws.org, Inc. owns them. You can only use them with permission and approval. Trademark is the first step in getting them registered. Once the registration process is completed, you will see the "TM" change to an "R" with a circle around it.

If you would like to promote PNP on your website, etc, I don't think anyone would have a problem with it. The links will just need to be set up to come to the Pilots N Paws site.

What were you thinking of? We truly need a better online store, IMO, with expanded items. Please share your ideas and we can chat about them! Nothing like brainstorming to bring about an idea that will be useful!!

Debi

richclover

Post by richclover » Sun May 10, 2009 7:39 pm

Debi, OK to post the website, pilotsnpaws.org, on Airnav when I post comments on an FBO?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun May 10, 2009 7:45 pm

Rich, absolutely! We encourage everyone who is a member here to put us in your sig line, on your website, your pilot groups, your rescue groups, your facebook, myspace, etc, wherever you feel we will continue to get exposure. This is the best way to keep the word going! Thanks for asking though :D

Debi

PilotChip

Post by PilotChip » Sun May 10, 2009 9:06 pm

Some of you may have heard of Zazzle or Cafe press.

These are royalty sites where we [pilotsnpaws.org] can create any number of designs and apply them to shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, greeting cards, etc... you get the idea.

The site snags a chunk of the profit, since it costs us nothing to create it, and we get a small percentage of the return. We can also specify how much royalty we want, but obviously then the end user price of the item goes up. Maybe the owner of the site has a special program for charitable organizations, I didn't get into my research that far yet.

I am reading that Zazzle may have a few more customization options than Cafe Press, but both sites function similarly.

Maybe we can get some more "stuff" out into the public like hats, posters, etc. this way too. (this is funny, pet shirts)

Here are the sites again --> Zazzle or Cafe press

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun May 10, 2009 9:36 pm

Hi Jason,

Yes, I am very familiar with Cafe Press--Zazzle, not so much......... When we first began offering t-shirts, sweatshirts and caps we chatted about using Cafe Press and decided against it because as you stated, fees they charge really increase the cost of the item....

Would you be willing to investigate this further and see if either site has a special option for 501c3 groups?

Thanks,
Debi

PilotChip

Post by PilotChip » Sun May 10, 2009 9:50 pm

:: I will initiate a chat with them and respond back here.

:: [update] Zazzle forwarded me to their "giving" site.
http://www.zazzle.com/mk/zazzlegiving/overview

We can go from there.

PapillonResq

Post by PapillonResq » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:04 am

Is there a logo or other graphic that may be posted to supporting websites for pnp?

Thank you,
Cheryl Hazen

PCA Rescue Trust

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:12 pm

Hi Cheryl,
Our Pilots N Paws logo is now trademarked so use with permission is permitted. If you would like to use our logo on your site, we would appreciate the acknowledgment. I will attach the logo we use and can also send it to you privately if you prefer. Just let me know.

If anyone else would like to use the PNP logo on your websites, please send me an email at [email protected] and I will email it to you.

Debi
Attachments
GetAttachmentPNPlogoregisteredsmallview.jpg
Pilots N Paws trademark Logo
GetAttachmentPNPlogoregisteredsmallview.jpg (6.23 KiB) Viewed 1907 times