15 pups and 4 seniors need assistance immediately-DONE

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
heainfo

15 pups and 4 seniors need assistance immediately-DONE

Post by heainfo » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:50 pm

This is our first time posting for help. We are Happily Ever After Animal Sanctuary in Marion WI, a no-kill facility. We are hoping to help an animal control facility in Savannah GA as they have to euthanize frequently. We have entered the Green Bay area zip code, but would be willing to pick up the pups and seniors at any Wisconsin airport. We are thinking that we may do this transport approximately one time a month and it will always be larger amounts of pups and seniors. We understand that this may have to be more than one pilot due to fuel and ability of the pilots to go long distances but we pray we can make this work. Please help us. When you see these kiddos we promise they will make your heart smile. Please help us save them as we have just been informed that without our assistance some of these guys will be euthanized this week. Because of this we are trying to arrange a transport asap. Thank you for your consideration.
Last edited by heainfo on Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dalekline

Re: 15 pups and 4 seniors need assistance immediately

Post by dalekline » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:04 pm

Have limited space but can fly 200 mi either side of Chicago.
[email protected]

heainfo

Post by heainfo » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:14 pm

How far south would 200 miles of Chicago put you?

Skywagon180

Post by Skywagon180 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:20 pm

If someone could bring them to Chattanooga, TN, I could take them somewhere around Indianapolis on Saturday the 27th.. I'm thinking Kokomo would be good. Saturday is the only day I could do it this week.

Rhonda Miles

heainfo

Post by heainfo » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:35 pm

Thanks Rhonda. Hopefully we can make this work. We will keep you posted!!

Skywagon180

Post by Skywagon180 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:46 pm

It would probably help if you could post the sizes of the dogs. That will determine if they will fit in the planes that each pilot has. Will the adult dogs be crated? etc etc... Will they have their own crates ?? I have crates for my leg..

Jon

Post by Jon » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:14 am

Need to know sizes and weights of pups. I have carried as many as 17, but given the right combihnation of sizes I can carry more.

If they can be brought to Knoxville I may be able to get them from there to Green Bay if the winds aloft cooperate. If not another pilot could be required to take them from Chicago or some point south. The problem that will be critical is all who can participate must be capable of handling the number of pups involved.

Skywagon180

Post by Skywagon180 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:05 am

Jon,

I have an idea. :idea: If you and I both have the capacity (which I think we may), why don't I run to Savannah, pick them up and bring them to you in Knoxville. You take them to Green Bay or around there. That would eliminate looking for pilots with space. I would have an empty leg anyway so why not on the front end... Let me know.

Rhonda

Jon

Post by Jon » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:16 pm

Rhonda,

I'm OK with that. lets take this to emails because I would want to see if we can get our schedules to mesh, and winds aloft are going to be a big factor for my leg.

heainfo

Post by heainfo » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:27 pm

You guys are amazing. What are your emails so that we can start working on details!