DONE!Nth AZ to DC area

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
kunzang

DONE!Nth AZ to DC area

Post by kunzang » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:22 pm

We have 2-4 dogs who have found homes on east coast, MD area, we are looking to transport them from AZ. We are a no-kill shelter near Payson (http://www.tarasbabies.org), that rescues dogs on death row and then finds them homes. 3 of these dogs were recently rescued from Taiwan, one came from death row in AR. All are friendly, healthy. Please contact Kunzang 928 301 2955 or [email protected]. Thanks.

DJK3737T
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KFDK
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Nth AZ to DC area

Post by DJK3737T » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:55 pm

Please provide more information about the sizes, ages, and dispositions of the dogs in question. This distance is way beyond the range of most GA aircraft, so it would have to be broken up into multiple legs, with provisions made to shelter the dogs at each stop if the weather turned bad. Weather can be a much greater threat to light aircraft than to ground transportation, and especially in the winter, we have to be realistic about our capabilities.

Commercial air transport would be faster and more reliable, though not cheaper. If you want to have them flown by volunteers, you'll need to exercise a good deal of patience.

That said, I would sign up for the final leg from Ohio or West Virginia into the Washington area -- assuming they could all fit into my airplane.

-- DJK3737T

kunzang

Post by kunzang » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:08 pm

Thank you. I am a novice at this, so appreciate your advice.
At present 2 definites, a home is waiting - shy, sweet, timid females @ 26lbs each, from Taiwan. Mother and daugher, 4 and 3 yrs old. No aggression, just very shy.
Other likely one is very friendly,out-going and well-behaved Rottie/lab mix, female - i guess 65lbs, 2-3 yrs old. All are healthy, UTD on shots.
I understand the weather issue and potential need to overnight them. I am unsure how to organise that, would that be my responsibility?
Thank you for offering to help with that leg, and for advising me how to better understand the process. This is such an extraordinary program of help, just wonderful.

rylan01

Post by rylan01 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:33 am

Please read our article from the home page, "Commercial Aviation Assistance."

If need more info or assistance with arrangements, please contact me at [email protected]

kunzang

Done by commercial aviation: Nth AZ to DC area

Post by kunzang » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:51 pm

We are flying the dogs next week with Delta. Thanks for the feedback and help I received.