DONE! dying, 5 Kitties Davison, MI48423 to Albany, NY12201

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
admin
Site Admin
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

DONE! dying, 5 Kitties Davison, MI48423 to Albany, NY12201

Post by admin » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:42 pm

A long time friend and Morgan horse breeder just learned that she has stage 4 cancer with possibly a month to live. Those of us in the Morgan community are working together to place not only her horses, but all her beloved kitties. We have rescue homes for 5 kitties in the Albany, NY area. These 5 cats are presently being temp fostered by another friend in Davison, MI who does cat rescue until a flight can be arranged. She drove 12 hours today from MI to ILL to evaluate the kitties and choose the ones she felt would be appropriate for the other friends in the NY area who have stepped up to adopt them. If anyone is looking for a barn kitty, there are still a few at the farm in Peru, Illinois.

Needing transport as soon as possible from Davison, MI (Flint area) to Albany, NY or close to Albany are:
2 neutered males, can share crate, 8 pounds each
1 male--will need his own crate and rides best with it covered--9 pounds
2 females, can share crate, one 7 pounds, one 9 pounds.

Crates will be provided.

Jann loved her cats and horses, and her dying wish is to have them all cared for. We are doing our best to make that happen. Thank you in advance for considering this transport.

If you can help, please contact me either at [email protected] or [email protected]
864-895-5234
Debi

*******BIG THANK YOU TO PILOTS PAM and TIM FOR TRANSPORTING THESE FIVE KITTIES!

admin
Site Admin

Re: Owner dying, 5 Kitties Davison, MI48423 to Albany, NY12201

Post by admin » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:12 am

Just wanted to update any pilots who are hopefully considering helping with this transport. The kitties all road 5 1/2 hours in crates in a car without a peep so my guess is, they will ride the same way in a plane. There were 10 in the car :D but only 5 need to head to Albany or close to there. Receiving group is willing to drive to pick them up.

Debi

traunero
Zip Code: 44883
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: 16G
Distance willing to fly one way: 300

Post by traunero » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:15 am

I can't help with the flight, but I am sorry about your friend, Debi.
Rich Traunero
419-937-3899

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:02 am

thank you Rich, I appreciate the thoughts....Jann is a wonderful person who dedicated her life to animals and never turned one away, she cared for them all. Not many people will take on the care of aged horses, it is just very difficult and physically taxing. I am hopeful we can get her rescue kitties (all of them were rescues) to another place with people to love them as Jann did.

Debi

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:39 pm

A big THANK YOU to Pam and to Tim for generously offering to do this flight on Friday. Will update again once the mission is complete. These kitties and their owner are extremely grateful for your help.

Debi