PILOTS, tax information for your records

This Forum contains guidelines and helpful tips contributed by Pilots N Paws members to help with the rescue transport process.

PILOTS, tax information for your records

Postby admin on Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:47 pm

Hi Pilots,

We have been asked by pilots to please put this information up here for those who need it. Early on we did have our Corporation name listed however, in the move to the new website, I think it has become buried in other postings.

For those who need this information for your tax records:

Www Pilotsnpaws Org Incorporated
tax ID #26-3754228

Here is the link for our listing under the IRS site for Charitable Organizations and Non-profits:

http://tinyurl.com/7a4uzhm

If you have any questions, please feel free to forward them to us, we will do our best to answer them. As always, thank you for giving these animals a second chance to find a loving home. You are greatly appreciated.

Board of Directors, Pilots N Paws
admin
Site Admin

Re: PILOTS, tax information for your records

Postby Commander112 on Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:03 am

Would you please explain how the tax deduction works and what can be claimed on taxes.

Thank you,
Commander112

Postby Pit$bull on Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:07 pm

Commander112 wrote:Would you please explain how the tax deduction works and what can be claimed on taxes.

Thank you,
Please see This for more information regarding the FAA opinion on pilots use of our 501c3 tax status.
Pit$bull

Postby kshaw on Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:17 am

I ran across a rather in-depth article written by two attorneys in the Washington DC area on deductability of flight expenses for charitable causes. It was published by the National Business Aviation Association. I have their permission for you to publish the article here if you wish. Administrators, contact me via PM if you are interested.

Kent Shaw, CPA
Kent
PA-28-161 N9396C (KGAI)
kshaw

Postby admin on Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:14 am

kshaw wrote:I ran across a rather in-depth article written by two attorneys in the Washington DC area on deductability of flight expenses for charitable causes. It was published by the National Business Aviation Association. I have their permission for you to publish the article here if you wish. Administrators, contact me via PM if you are interested.
Kent Shaw, CPA

Per Kent's email communication, we are posting the article written by the law firm listed below and originally published with the NBAA. Both the NBAA and the author of the article have given permission for this to be posted on Pilots N Paws. Thank you for sharing this article Kent, for others to read and garner additional knowledge.

From attorney John R. Copley:
I have communicated with both John Hoover and NBAA where the article was originally posted. There are no objections to your posting the article on your website. Thank you for your inquiry and we hope the article proves useful to your members.--
John R. Copley
Garofalo Goerlich Hainbach PC
1200 New Hampshire Avenue
Washington, DC 20036
Tel: 202-776-3970
Fax: 202-776-3975
Email: jcopley@ggh-airlaw.com

(Caveat: Pilots N Paws is only sharing this article with permission and is in no manner responsible for it's content)
Attachments
Charitable_Flights.pdf
Article on Charitable Flights tax interpretations
(104.38 KiB) Downloaded 514 times
admin
Site Admin

Return to Guidelines For Pilots and Rescue Volunteers