LINK TO FIND PILOTS! Just put in City, State, Zip!!

READ THESE ANNOUNCEMENTS BEFORE USING RIDE BOARD

Re: RESCUES, Have you looked for Pilots on the Board?

Postby admin on Tue May 05, 2009 7:16 pm

flypiper wrote:Not all the pilots are listed....I am out of 4N1--flypiper.

Hi,

Sorry that you were not listed but here is the reason why. When you fill out your profile page the day you join, where it asks for your airport identifier you need to have a four letter input in order for the map to pick you up. In your case, K4N1. I went in and added the "K" so hopefully, the map will now pick you up. If for some reason it does not, please let us know and we will add you manually.

Thanks!!

Debi
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin on Sat May 09, 2009 7:24 pm

rsqdoc58 wrote:Gosh,last time I accessed a pilot directly,I was told to post to the Board . Sorry!

M Wallace

It has always been permissable to contact a pilot directly if they have their information listed. Not sure why you were told that? Perhaps you posted it directly to the pilot under the "Pilots Volunteering Services" section of the board? In that case, you would have been asked to post it under the Animals Needing Transport section in order for the pilots scanning the board to see your request. Just trying to share the best information we can for you to have the best chance at having your request answered!

Debi
admin
Site Admin

Searching for Oregon Contacts in Pilots N Paws.

Postby GMarkFuller19 on Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:54 pm

Searching for Oregon Contacts in Pilots N Paws.

Dear Pilots N Paws members,

Hello, . . My name is Mark, .. I have four loves: dogs, Marine Mammals, boats (Ocean), and flying. I would love to be involved with flying your pets.

I am not a pilot yet, but I hope to begin pilot training at Hillsboro Aviation, west of Portland later this year.

I live in Woodburn, Oregon, about 39 miles south of Hillsboro Airport, and about 48 miles north of the Corvallis, OR airport.

Is there some way that I can fly with the pilots who transport these pets? Perhaps I could help pay for fuel, in addition to volunteering my time? I am mostly available on weekends.

I am hoping to become a Private Pilot, with other licenses later on, through the Instrument Rating course, and I hope to operate a non-profit 501c3 small business, where I will be transporting injured and non-injured, Animal Shelter dogs & cats across the western and mid-western states, and Canada.

Please let me know if you believe that it will be to my advantage to seek my Private Pilot's license, and Instrument Rating through a small airport near Corvallis, rather than the big city of Hillsboro.

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards, ~Mark

G. Mark Fuller
1200 Country Club Rd, # 218
Woodburn, OR 97071
cell: 503.602.8265
Alternate e-mail: GFuller920@asb.clatsopcc.edu
GMarkFuller19

Postby flypiper on Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:37 pm

Hey Deb--I could not get the pilot board to work the past week---clicking on the pilot indicators does not work, nor does clicking on their identifier.
Help! Please!
‘Tis a fearful thing
To love
What death can touch.
To love, to hope, to dream,
And oh, to lose........
EZKERAH
flypiper

Postby admin on Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:52 pm

flypiper wrote:Hey Deb--I could not get the pilot board to work the past week---clicking on the pilot indicators does not work, nor does clicking on their identifier.
Help! Please!

Hi Linda!

If you are referring to the pilot map and the foster map, the good news is we have so many volunteers now the map takes forever to load. The bad news is, it is almost impossible to click on those little blue dots now and get the information you need.

However, if you let the page load for about 2 minutes, then click on the View Larger link at the base of the map and the list of all the pilots will come up on the left hand side of the page. It takes a couple minutes for that to load as well because there is so much information now! Once it loads, you an find pilots, their cities and states and click on their username, go to their profile page and find their email link. You can eventually do it by clicking on the blue dots but it takes forever...

For pilots, there is a tool on the homepage of the website called "Pilots Search Tool". www.pilotsnpaws.org It gives you options on how to search for flights in your area. You put in your airport ID and then choose one of the two animal transport boards and define the search by distance, etc. Though it will likely bring up some out of date posts, at least it will give you a list within your flight area.

Glad to see you back!

Debi
admin
Site Admin

Re: LINK TO FIND PILOTS! Just put in City, State, Zip!!

Postby HUNK123 on Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:33 am

Help. Need transport for puppies that die at 7am tomorrow. Rome GA to Wilson, NC
HUNK123

Re: LINK TO FIND PILOTS! Just put in City, State, Zip!!

Postby Steve Foley on Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:03 pm

You really need to post this as a new topic. A request posted as reply will not show up on the request map (www.pilotsnpaws.org/mapa) , nor will it show up under the pilot search function (http://www.pilotsnpaws.org/pilot-search-tools).
The best way to contact me is via email:

steve dot foley at gmail dot com
Steve Foley
Webmaster

Postby Liza007 on Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:00 am

I have been scanning the Pilots Offering forum board for hours now and it hit me...

Would it benefit to break up these offers posted to STATES?

As I am currently looking for an IA pilot, I have to go through ALL the volunteer offers across the country to find one.

(although I did use the zip code to zip code search as well and emails were sent directly to ones in KY76/KOXV area I have yet to hear back and wanted to keep options out there)

Thank you for your consideration
Have a wonderful holiday
Liz
Liza007

Jackson, WY 83002

Postby Fred on Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:10 am

Jackson, WY 83002
Fred

Postby staylor4 on Thu May 20, 2010 7:40 am

Quick note on the M. Wallace comment above. As a pilot I have been contacted directly and have asked to have the request also posted on the web site. Then I respond to the post, then print it for tax records.
Sam Taylor
staylor4

PreviousNext

Return to Ride Board Announcements