CANCELLED RE: Cairn Jackson, TN to Virginia Beach, VA

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
diamondjoh

CANCELLED RE: Cairn Jackson, TN to Virginia Beach, VA

Post by diamondjoh » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:15 pm

Hello,
I am a volunteer transport coordinator for Col. Potter Cairn Rescue Network. We have a rescued Cairn that needs to be moved east to a waiting foster home. The dog is in Jackson, TN and needs to be moved toward Virgina Beach, VA. Any distance will be of help since ground transport is scarce and we are willing to work in multiple legs. We would like to move the Cairn on April 9th or 10th if possible. Thank you for reading and any help is appreciated. Please e-mail me at [email protected]. Paula
Last edited by diamondjoh on Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kurtfranz

Re: RE: Cairn Terrier Jackson, TN to Virginia Beach, VA

Post by kurtfranz » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:48 am

If someone could get the beastie to the middle-to-Western part of the NC/VA Border, I'd be happy to bring him/her the rest of the way.

mdoss

Post by mdoss » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:45 am

I could take him from Jackson to about Knoxille, which is about 1/3 of the way...

diamondjoh

Post by diamondjoh » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:00 pm

I can work to line up a ground person in Knoxville, TN to hold the Cairn between flight connections to help out. Thank you, Paula Fike

kurtfranz

Post by kurtfranz » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:34 am

Okay, if we could then get him from Knoxville to, say, Danville, VA, I can bring him the rest of the way.

diamondjoh

Post by diamondjoh » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:44 am

Hello Kurt,
I will start looking for help today and see what I can find. What day are you thinking?

Thanks so much,
Paula Fike
I can be reached at [email protected]
260-438-9210

diamondjoh

Post by diamondjoh » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:23 pm

Hello Kurt,
Marc ( first leg from Jackson to Knoxville) needs to fly Thurs and I cannot have the dog vetted and ready to fly until Sat. I am looking for other options to get the dog moved eastward toward Danville, VA and will keep you posted. Thanks for your interest in helping. Paula

kurtfranz

Post by kurtfranz » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:35 am

Okay. Keep me informed, either here or on the PM portion of the site.

FYI, I prefer weekends if possible, and like many pilots on this board, I can only fly VFR, which basically means I can only fly whne the weather's halfway decent.

Thanks;

diamondjoh

Post by diamondjoh » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:20 am

Hello Kurt,

Last week we took in over 20 dogs from mills so we actually have about 10 dogs moving east to foster homes in various states. My supervisor has 2 going to your area, Virginia Beach and Hampton, VA. We are working ground transport as back up since there has not been other pilot response. If we are able to get these dogs to Danville or similar distance would you be able to take 2 crates, or would you only be able to fit one? By doing most of this by ground we would probably be looking at Sunday if you would be able to help us get the dog(s) the last leg to Chesapeake. The foster homes would pick up the 2 dogs at your home airport. Thanks for your efforts to help us out. It is greatly appreciated. Paula

"Think occasionally of the suffering of
which you spare yourself the sight."

Paula J. Fike
Brieswood Farm
5843 SR 205
Garrett, IN 46738
260-438-9210
Volunteer:
Col. Potter Cairn Rescue Network
Indiana Westie Rescue

kurtfranz

Post by kurtfranz » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:12 pm

Hi, Paula;

Unfortunately I am a big guy with a small plane, so I can only take 1 medium-to-small crate. I could take two Cairn-sized dogs if they could be harnessed to the seatbelts (about 15 lbs each, right?) and be trusted not to decide to rough-house during the flight, or possibly two small crates.

Danville would be just about perfect as far as distance for me, and Sundays are fine.

Hope it can work out;

Kurt