CANCELED Albequerque NM to central NJ

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
MidABHR
Zip Code: 07882
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Albequerque, NM to either Allentown, PA or central NJ

Post by MidABHR » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:26 pm

The puppy can be picked up in one of several locations by members of our rescue.
Harrisburg, PA
Allentown, PA - preferred
Teterboro, NJ

Since I am not familiar with other small airports in the PA and NJ area, these are the three airports I know of that we can get someone to pick up the puppy.
This is our first attempt at using air transport - I am hoping it is less stressful on the puppy than what would be four days of transport on the ground. We have already pruchased a crate for the puppy to use for his transport.

Mike had suggested the following:
Albuquerque to Amarillo; Amarillo to Tulsa; Tulsa to Memphis; Memphis to Lexington, Ky; Lexington to West Virginia or Western Pennsylvania, and then on to New Jersey, or some such combination subject to what’s available. That’s about 250 or 300 nm each leg, and would require a lot of coordination. Mike offered to do a leg from about Amarillo (actually, I prefer Borger) to about Tulsa.

Thank you one and all for offering to help out. Let me know any other information you might require
Suzanne Fitch
Mid-Atlantic Basset Hound Rescue
[email protected]

julia

Post by julia » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:12 pm

Hi Suzanne,

I can fly the final leg from PA to NJ. I believe your original email stated the destination was Clinton NJ. A good small airport nearby is Alexandria NJ Airport. Easy access for Clinton NJ. Hope you can put this together. It sounds as though you have 3 pilots so far (Mike, Garrett and me).

Good luck.

Julia

JERRY S.

Post by JERRY S. » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:27 pm

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=http:%2F% ... urce=embed

My name is Jerry.
I am one of the pilots from the PNP web site. I suggest u go to this web site & start by emailing pilots in the departing area. Once u get a response ask how far they will go usually 200-300 miles. Then move on from there. I fly out of the Northern NJ area.

If u need any help please feel free to contact me @ 917-734-8477 or [email protected]

Jerry

MidABHR

Post by MidABHR » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:00 pm

Thanks, Jerry! Appreciate your help. I found the link to one pilot who might be able to start the transport from NM to either Armarillo or Borger, TX. Will let everyone know once I hear back from him.

Do I have the following correct as potential transport connections?
Sante Fe/Albuquerque to Amarillo/Borger: MARK - thank you!
Amarillo to Tulsa: Mike - thank you!
Tulsa to Memphis: not sure if Rick is helping, but have e-mailed ccameron for help
Memphis to Lexington, Ky (modify as appropriate): Rick - thank you! Possibly picking up another small basset puppy on this leg.
Lexington to West Virginia/Western PA: Garrett - Thank you!
Western PA to Alexandria,NJ: Julia - thank you. I can meet you easily at this airport.

Let me know what needs to be changed above and where specifically the puppy would be going from one airport to the other.

Luke's mom was dumped at a truck stop, and a few days later, gave birth to Luke and his siblings. At 4 months old now, Luke is ready to go to our rescue and we will find him a forever home.
Size/Weight: small, 19 lbs as of 1/3/08
Spayed/Neutered: no, will be done once at rescue
UTD on vaccs: yes
Rabies vaccs, tag/certificate: yes
General health: good
CVI (“health certificate”): yes
OK with kids: yes
OK with dogs: yes
OK with cats: unknown
Temperament: typical, well-adjusted puppy; likes to eat, play and sleep!
Special needs/instructions: none
Housebroken: no
Crate trained: no
Travels well in vehicle: not loose, no
Walks well on leash: yes
Crate provided by sender: yes
Crate dimensions: Midwest Lifestages Double Door Fold & Carry Crate
24"L X 18"W X 21"H; Black Wire
Items traveling with: CVI, vet records, ORIGINAL rabies certificate, collar, leash, food, and I'll ask the sending basset rescue to include a disposable camera to take photos along the way!
Pilots to provide: fresh water, water bowl

Suzanne
a 501c3 non-profit organization dedicated to the
rescue and welfare of basset hounds
http://www.midatlanticbassets.com
Last edited by MidABHR on Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.

MidABHR

Post by MidABHR » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:34 pm

Still haven't heard anything from the folks I e-mailed to start off this transport. For those who have responded, particularly Mike and Rick - does it appear that this transport could be accomplished if I could get someone to drive the puppy to Borger, TX or Tulsa, OK???
Suzanne Fitch

mbernst152

Post by mbernst152 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:44 pm

Albuquerque NM to Allentown! I live in Albuquerque, can do a tranport via plane weather permiting to Amarillo, this Sat or Sunday. Will drive it if all else fails. Just joined last week. Mark cell # 505 269-0665

MidABHR

Post by MidABHR » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:31 am

We have another basset puppy possibly joining in Lexington KY airport. Getting more specifics - the female puppy is up-to-date on shots and will be spayed once she gets up to NJ.

Looks as if we have most or all of the trip legs covered. Will confirm individually and ask everyone to please post specifics here on the board.
I am also checking with someone who could fly a leg out of Edmund, if that helps in routing.
Suzanne

julia

Post by julia » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:32 pm

Hi Suzanne,

Sounds hopeful regarding the transport. Has the number of puppies changed to 2? That is OK.. I wasn't clear about the last email that was posted. I can be contacted via this web site or if you need my home number that is 908 607 1895. Best of luck.

Julia

mikegray

Post by mikegray » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:35 pm

I am ok with this. This weekend may not be good weather, but I could go when the weather is good, although I'm busy on Monday.

Mike Gray

MidABHR

Post by MidABHR » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:20 pm

What I need to know from you wonderful pilots is the dates you are available - I believe most work full-time during the week and would only be available on weekends. If so, next weekend - not this one - might be optimal. Is this correct? The weather forecast for this weekend doesn't look promising on either the starting or ending points for Saturday.

The second puppy logistics are still being worked out - the poor dog isn't being properly fed in its current place and we needed to move her out ASAP. She is close to Lexington and we're trying to get someone to take her in as a foster until she can come up to our area.
Suzanne
cell 908-256-0598
[email protected]