DONE**Sun 5/16 ** 6 pup Nevada, MO to NJ

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
Fernanda&Lola

DONE**Sun 5/16 ** 6 pup Nevada, MO to NJ

Post by Fernanda&Lola » Mon May 03, 2010 11:21 am

THANK YOU Sam Taylor, Tom Nasser, Babar Suleman and Rogerio Texeira!!!
Ok Pilots!!! SUNDAY IT IS!!! Weather permitting....

Also Special Thanks to Ed Girou for fostering them Since Tuesday!!!

FINAL COUNT:

we are moving:
2 collie mix (2/3 mnths old) 18 lbs
1 Papillon (Billy) 8 yrs old - 10 lbs
3 bernies mountain dogs Mix 8 weeks 14 lbs

this are the kennels (in front of Sam's plane)

we will use the same kennels as http://pilotsnpaws.org/forum/viewtopic. ... 863#p19725

ROUTE OPTION

Leg # 1**KNVD to KSET ****THANK YOU Sam, Completed on Tuesday May 11

PUPS IN FOSTER CARE UNTIL SUNDAY ***Thank you ED!!!

Leg # 2***KSET to 2R2****THANK YOU Tom
Leg # 3***2R2 to KPJC****THANK YOU Babar
Leg # 4****KPJC to KCDW ***THANK YOU ROGER

AIRPORT CODE
KNVD Nevada [Muni], MO, US
KCPS Cahokia/St. Louis [St. Louis Downtown Airport], IL, US
2R2 Indianapolis [Hendricks County-Gordon Graham Field], IN, US
KPJC Zelienople [Muni], PA, US
KCDW Caldwell [Essex County Airport], NJ, US

All Puppies going to Rescue (Animals Haven) in NY they took the 9 pupps from 4/11/10 transport
Mikey the pom has been adopted,
the 3 brindle pupppies are adopted!!! all in less than A MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

let me explain a little bit what the situation is so you all understand why we do this:

Missouri is the capital of Puppy Mills, they have over 1500 registered breeders that is without counting the backyard, unlicensed breeders, whose dogs usually end up at Shawn's rescue "Second Chance Barnyard"
She is already in charge of about 50/60 animals and adoptions do not happen as often as in NY City.
By this means the puppies or dogs we bring over to NY has A LOT more chances to make it here that in Missouri. Shawn is a NON-KILL rescue so we are helping her accommodate as many dogs as possible in here.
Last edited by Fernanda&Lola on Thu May 20, 2010 11:51 am, edited 19 times in total.

flypiper

Re: 5/8/10 or 5/9 aprox 9 puppies from Nevada, MO to anywhere NJ

Post by flypiper » Tue May 04, 2010 6:00 pm

If they are going to NY--would it matter if 4N1 was used instead? No landing fees...uncontrolled airport in West Milford.

I may be able to do the last leg...couple of questions--
1. Can you find someone to come a little closer to NJ? 270 mi in one direction is a long flight for me....teeny plane, and slow!! 200 miles would be good.
2. Are the puppies crated and what are the sizes of the crates?
3. How much does each puppy weigh?

When? What time?

slagskot
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by slagskot » Wed May 05, 2010 3:21 pm

I am based at KCDW in NJ and may be able to fly a few pups on the last leg on Sunday 5/9 (also volunteered for an ARF flight this weekend but that's supposed to be Saturday eve). I could also bring them into NYC from CDW. Will have to do some math to figure the # of crates I can handle. Whatever fits in the Warrior should also fit in the Beetle for ground transport! I'd be willing to go all the way to KPJC but I agree with the other poster that something closer to 200NM is more manageable.
Cory Sammons
917 769 3592
[email protected]

Fernanda&Lola

Post by Fernanda&Lola » Thu May 06, 2010 6:35 pm

Thank you so much! I will keep you in mind in case we have to divide the leg in 2 pilots..I (thank God!) got a few offers for the last leg, we can always work it out, is the first and second leg that I am having a problem with.
I have worked with Julia and Clark many times, I decided to this on my own so I don't take time away from them to help other people that haven't learn how to work with Airnav.
I used this segments because it worked on 4/11 but suggestions and changes are ALWAYS welcomed and accepted...
Fda

slagskot

Re: Sunday 5/9-- 6 puppies from Nevada, MO to anywhere NJ

Post by slagskot » Sat May 08, 2010 12:00 pm

Will you need a second plane for the last leg of this rescue if you are able to fill the first legs? The ARF flight I volunteered for has been moved from Sat to Sun. This P&P flight is my priority for Sun but if you don't need me I will help w/ the ARF rescue. I may be able to do both if this one is early enough as the ARF flightis in the eve.
Cory Sammons
917 769 3592
[email protected]

slagskot

Post by slagskot » Sat May 08, 2010 7:53 pm

Since it appears that the first two legs of this rescue are still unfilled and since there is already someone else who appears to be able to fly the last leg, I have agreed to do an ARF rescue flight tomorrow 5/9. Hope this flight comes together somehow, though. Good luck!
Cory Sammons
917 769 3592
[email protected]

staylor4
Foster?: No
Airport identifier: KGPH
Distance willing to fly one way: 50

Post by staylor4 » Sun May 09, 2010 8:59 pm

I will fly the 6 puppies from Nevada, MO to St. Louis Downtown Airport, April 11.
Sam Taylor