Soldier sending dog home from deployment- NEEDS HELP

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
doniettam

Soldier sending dog home from deployment- NEEDS HELP

Post by doniettam » Thu May 06, 2010 12:10 pm

Hello Pilots N Paws,

I am needing your help. I am currently deployed in Kosovo right now. During our deployment we have had the opportunity to have a dog named Molly. She showed up on our base in December. We're really not allowed to have animals on this post. We found a home for her in one of the villages here, with a little girl. The little girl decided that she did not want Molly and this month Molly showed back up on our doorstep (literally). Keep in mind she traveled 20 miles to get back to us. It was a sign to us that she wanted to be with us. She never meets strangers and is probably one of the friendliest dogs that you will ever meet. I have arranged transport for her from Skopje, Macedonia to the John F. Kennedy airport in New York. I am writing to see if your organization can help us. We need her flown to Lexington, Kentucky. We currently do not have anybody to pick her up in New York when she arrives. Your help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in Advance.

SGT Donietta McDowell

deeogee1
PNP Transport Advisor
Zip Code: 46254
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Soldier sending dog home from deployment- NEEDS HELP

Post by deeogee1 » Thu May 06, 2010 3:17 pm

Hello Sgt McDowell,
A little more information would be helpful for anyone able to help. How big is Molly (Size/wgt). What day/time is she scheduled to arrive in NY. There are foster volunteers on PNP that would be willing to help with picking her up or some of us know rescues in that area that might help.
I'd also like to say thank you for not only your service in the military, but also for saving Molly. Awesome!!

Joanne

Meet Molly when she first showed up at Donietta's door

Meet Molly after her first bath
Last edited by deeogee1 on Tue May 18, 2010 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

doniettam

Post by doniettam » Thu May 06, 2010 3:50 pm

Joanne,

Molly is around 60 LBS, medium sized. I haven't confirmed the plane ticket yet, I plan on doing that tomorrow. I will post some information on here as soon as I get it. Thanks for all your help!

Donietta

chrisblair

Post by chrisblair » Thu May 06, 2010 10:22 pm

Im based at K22, which is only 45 minutes flying time. I am willing to help in anyway necessary. Just keep me posted.

chrisblair

Post by chrisblair » Thu May 06, 2010 10:24 pm

In my last post I failed to tell you that I was 45 minutes flying time from Lexington, KY..........Let me know, I will help in any way I can.....

Thanks, Chris

chrisblair

Post by chrisblair » Thu May 06, 2010 10:44 pm

Hopefully we will be able to locate a pilot that can pick the dog up at JFK. That pilot can meet me somewhere in MD or PA, give me the dog and I can deliver it in Lexington, KY. I only live about 45 minutes from Lexington. I can board the dog overnight if I have to for any reason. Keep me posted, you can email me on here or at my personal [email protected]
Just let me know what you all have in mind and we will work something out......we will get her to KY one way or another....

thanks, chris

deeogee1
PNP Transport Advisor

Post by deeogee1 » Fri May 07, 2010 8:22 pm

chrisblair wrote:Hopefully we will be able to locate a pilot that can pick the dog up at JFK. That pilot can meet me somewhere in MD or PA, give me the dog and I can deliver it in Lexington, KY. I only live about 45 minutes from Lexington. I can board the dog overnight if I have to for any reason. Keep me posted, you can email me on here or at my personal [email protected]
Just let me know what you all have in mind and we will work something out......we will get her to KY one way or another....

thanks, chris

Thank you very much for your offer, Chris. I sent the link to this request to the pilot I think was in this transport http://abcnews.go.com/video/playerIndex?id=9285435 I hope Molly & Donietta will soon be listed among the success stories with lots of pictures :D

(See http://pilotsnpaws.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5240 )

Joanne

doniettam

Post by doniettam » Mon May 10, 2010 10:53 am

To all,

I am still working on getting Molly shipped right now. Does anybody know of any international pet shipping companies that I can try? I need her to leave out of Skopje, Macedonia. One of the US Contractors here recommended Austrian Air and so far I haven't had any luck. She is currently staying off post with that contractor right now, so she is safe. Thanks again for all your help!

deeogee1
PNP Transport Advisor

Post by deeogee1 » Mon May 10, 2010 2:23 pm

Sending you a PM.

Rcali

Post by Rcali » Tue May 11, 2010 12:03 pm

I can help by picking up the dog at KJFK and bringing it to KCDW. If there is any pilots in the tri-state area that willing to do the first leg, I can help out.