Transport for blind senior Eskie found in MI dumpster.DONE!

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
109ace

Transport for blind senior Eskie found in MI dumpster.DONE!

Post by 109ace » Fri May 07, 2010 12:56 pm

A road transport has been completed for Gladys. Thanks to all who responded.
Last edited by 109ace on Tue May 11, 2010 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AlexKittenplan
Zip Code: 01527
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: 3B0
Distance willing to fly one way: 150

Re: Transport for blind senior Eskie found in MI dumpster

Post by AlexKittenplan » Fri May 07, 2010 1:50 pm

I can probably give you a hand with this. Might be easier to deliver the dog to New Bedford Regional Airport which is closer to Rochester. I'm out of Worcester Regional Airport in Central MA. I can pick up the dog in NY, or NJ, or we can figure something out.

Alex Kittenplan
109ace wrote:Gladys is a 16 pound female senior American Eskimo Dog who was found by a passerby crying in a garbage dumpster near Holland Michigan where her previous owner cruelly disposed of her. She has been in a shelter for the past week and is being pulled 5/8/10 and will be placed in a foster home till after the 22nd of May. Gladys has a forever home waiting for her in Rochester, MA 02770. I live in Northwest Indiana and am served by the Lansing Airport 60411 in IL. I also am close to Gary, Griffith, and Valpo airports in Indiana. Gladys' new master will be seeking surgical treatment to restore her eyesight. The receiving people can be available to meet at TF Green in Warwick RI, Logan, Boston, MA.,Bradley International in CT. in Windsor Locks, CT . She will be fully vetted and have complete health certificate. So I am looking to move this girl from Lansing IL. to Rochester Ma. I will handle all movements on my end in Northwest Indiana. The new parents will handle the receiving end. We are looking for this transport to take place after the 22nd of May.
Alex Kittenplan
Southbridge Municipal Airport (3B0), Southbridge, MA
1977 Grumman Tiger
N28336
VFR only

109ace

Post by 109ace » Fri May 07, 2010 2:24 pm

Thank you Alex for the fast response. It's a start (well you'll be the end of the transport I believe) for a long journey for Gladys. Here's a shot of Gladys.

AlexKittenplan
Zip Code: 01527
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: 3B0
Distance willing to fly one way: 150

Post by AlexKittenplan » Fri May 07, 2010 4:28 pm

You're quite welcome. Pretty dog. Yup, I'll be the last leg. Will she be traveling in a crate?

Alex
Alex Kittenplan
Southbridge Municipal Airport (3B0), Southbridge, MA
1977 Grumman Tiger
N28336
VFR only

109ace

Post by 109ace » Fri May 07, 2010 4:36 pm

For her sake, yes, she will be in a crate as I do anticipate a good number of legs for this transport. She's a small girl who if wasn't on the chubby side, would normally weigh 13 pounds. Poor girl is blind and will more then likely be pretty confused by everything. Thanks again!
Kevin