how can i watch an entire forum category?

Need tech support using the forum? Check for answers here or post a question.
davidtg

how can i watch an entire forum category?

Post by davidtg » Sun May 09, 2010 1:49 pm

Hi, all --

I have successfully watched individual threads, but I would like to watch entire categories (like, say, "Fly-ins"). How can I subscribe to an entire forum section?

TIA & HAND

admin
Site Admin
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: how can i watch an entire forum category?

Post by admin » Sun May 09, 2010 5:48 pm

Hi David,

The Board Index page has several "forum" sections: General Discussion, Pilots Volunteering Services, Ride:Board, Animals Needing transport, etc.

You can open each forum by clicking on the title of the forum. Each post is an individual topic but all are relative to the forum they are submitted under. The Fly-in forum has a few posts and you can see the title of each one as soon as you open the forum section.'

Hope this makes sense......this is the only way to view each forum section of the Bulletin Board.

Debi

davidtg

Post by davidtg » Sun May 09, 2010 10:31 pm

Debi, et al --
admin wrote:Hi David,
Hiya!

The Board Index page has several "forum" sections: General Discussion, Pilots Volunteering Services, Ride:Board, Animals Needing transport, etc.
Right. I would like to watch some of those in general just like I watch a given thread (like this one) and get notifications of new replies.

You can open each forum by clicking on the title of the forum. Each post is an individual topic but all are relative to the forum they are submitted under. The Fly-in forum has a few posts and you can see the title of each one as soon as you open the forum section.
Got that as well. What I want is to get a notification whenever, for instance, any new post is made under the Fly-ins forum. So far I know how to watch a thread in which I've made a reply, but that won't tell me about new threads that get started.

Hope this makes sense......this is the only way to view each forum section of the Bulletin Board.
It makes sense, but it doesn't go where I want to go. Of course, there simply might not be a road where I want to go :-/

Debi

TIA again & HAND

CarolC
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by CarolC » Wed May 12, 2010 10:17 pm

When you click open the forum, if you look at the bottom left hand corner there's a subscribe forum option.

davidtg

Post by davidtg » Thu May 13, 2010 6:55 am

Carol, et al --
CarolC wrote:When you click open the forum ... at the bottom left hand corner there's a subscribe forum option.
Aha! Yes, that looks like what I wanted. Thanks so much!
... When you subscribe to an entire forum, you will be notified when something new is posted since the last time you logged in. You will only receive one notification that there is something new, until next time you log in.
[snip]
Oh, right. Arrrgh. That does throw a wrench into things! Now all I have to do is automate logging in every minute so that I get notices of all new posts ... :-)

Thanks again & HAND