Canada

Just ask! Volunteer mentors are here to share their knowledge and experience.
totallyhip

Canada

Post by totallyhip » Thu May 06, 2010 1:13 pm

Hi everyone I just signed up on this great site. A few people I know thru rescue are on here and told me about it.

We are a Boxer Rescue in Vancouver Canada and are affiliated with a California Boxer Rescue.

I have a dog that needs transport from Vancouver, BC Canada to Alberta (Calgary or Edmonton). I was hoping I could post this request on your site but it won't allow me to as I do not have zip codes. Can you help? He is a 6 year old male Boxer. Very loving and gentle boy that gets along great with other dogs. He is a dream and easy going. He might snore on his trip! But he has been adopted from Vancouver to a loving home in Red Deer. Hoping someone can help us out.

deeogee1
PNP Transport Advisor
Zip Code: 46254
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Canada

Post by deeogee1 » Fri May 07, 2010 7:49 pm

Unfortunately the majority of our pilots do not fly into Canada. One way to get it posted is to search for the northern most U.S. zip code that is an a straight line path from the sending and receiving rescues......doing it this way will allow you to get a map showing PNP pilots & volunteers on the US end of your transport.

You can also choose to use the same zip code for sending and receiving but this will not allow you to search for pilots in the straightline path, but it will get the request posted. If you choose to use the same zip codes, then you need to put the actual locations needed in the subject line so people are aware that it goes into Canada.

Would you be interested in working on a program to get Canadian pilots involved? There are only a few who have signed up so far.

Good luck,
Joanne

totallyhip

Post by totallyhip » Sat May 08, 2010 11:35 am

Thanks My husband & I have decided to take a road trip. Apparently this big boy is so large that even the airlines won't fly him even if we paid full price.

What do I need to do to help get Canadian pilots involved in this program? I don't know any pilots:( but I would be happy to help

deeogee1
PNP Transport Advisor

Post by deeogee1 » Tue May 11, 2010 2:38 pm

totallyhip wrote:Thanks My husband & I have decided to take a road trip. Apparently this big boy is so large that even the airlines won't fly him even if we paid full price.

What do I need to do to help get Canadian pilots involved in this program? I don't know any pilots:( but I would be happy to help
Debi (admin) may be in touch when she returns from vacation regarding what is involved with setting up PNP in Canada. It would be a lot of work initiallty--but could be very beneficial for many pets. Thanks for offering to look into it.

Liza007
Zip Code: 02563
Foster?: Yes
Airport identifier: 2B1

Post by Liza007 » Sat May 22, 2010 8:50 pm

PERFECT TIMING!!

I was going to email actually.. I have 4~6 dogs moving from South Dakota to points in Canada.. (4 I believe are going to the Toronto area)

Any idea what the regulations would be if I brought them to Buffalo and puddle jumped them?

My very first international transport here and it's rather urgent we move quickly. I wanted to have my ducks in a row, before I got with sending and receiving parties/rescues

Additionally, I have other dogs from the same Sioux Falls, SD location that are moving within the country.. yikes

Fly a few dogs successfully, and I'm labeled! LOL

Thanks for your help Joanne!
Liz
[email protected]

chaero
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: CAH3
Distance willing to fly one way: 180

Post by chaero » Sat May 22, 2010 11:20 pm

Hi Liz,

There is a rescue based in Peterborough (Ontario) which is involved in ground transport of dogs from the US to Canada on a regular basis. They would surely know the ins and outs of the regs.

Here is a link to the Yahoo Group site:
http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/CdnD ... Transport/

Good luck!

Chris
Chris Hansen
:plane: Sidewinder C-GCSW
CAH3 Courtenay, BC
Mobile 250.702.7403

Liza007

Post by Liza007 » Sat May 22, 2010 11:45 pm

Thank you Chris!! Great to hear!

Now I just need all hands on deck in South Dakota!!

NINE dogs (that I need right now) and MORE to move from there

yikes.. long next few weeks for me

deeogee1
PNP Transport Advisor

Post by deeogee1 » Tue May 25, 2010 3:01 pm

Liza007 wrote:PERFECT TIMING!!

I was going to email actually.. I have 4~6 dogs moving from South Dakota to points in Canada.. (4 I believe are going to the Toronto area)

Any idea what the regulations would be if I brought them to Buffalo and puddle jumped them?

My very first international transport here and it's rather urgent we move quickly. I wanted to have my ducks in a row, before I got with sending and receiving parties/rescues

Additionally, I have other dogs from the same Sioux Falls, SD location that are moving within the country.. yikes

Fly a few dogs successfully, and I'm labeled! LOL

Thanks for your help Joanne!
Liz
[email protected]
Liz,
I know other groups have flown dogs to Buffalo & have someone drive them over the border.
Check with Sally Hull/Hull's Haven Border Collie Rescue. She gets her dogs to MN and over the border from there. Don't know if that would be easier for you or not. But at any rate, she would also know the regulations for border crossing. I know some points are easier for crossing than others.

Good luck :)
Last edited by deeogee1 on Tue May 25, 2010 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Liza007

Post by Liza007 » Tue May 25, 2010 3:16 pm

thank you for the info.. funny enough, I was aiming for Buffalo.

@ Chris.. group apparently is full.. no response to request sent to them