DONE!3 Dogs - King George, VA 22485 to Moorestown, NJ 08054

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
shelterhelp

DONE!3 Dogs - King George, VA 22485 to Moorestown, NJ 08054

Post by shelterhelp » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:39 am

Three dogs need transported from a high kill shelter in King George, Virginia to a no-kill shelter in Moorestown, New Jersey. The sending rescue is the King George Animal Rescue League (http://www.kgarl.org) and the receiving rescue is the Burlington County Animal Alliance (http://www.bcaaofnj.org). Times and days for transport are flexible. The three dogs needing transport are an adult hound (~50 pounds), a hound puppy, and a shepherd mix.

Please contact Dani at [email protected] or 888-542-7582 if you can help.

DJK3737T
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KFDK
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: 3 Dogs - King George, VA 22485 to Moorestown, NJ 08054

Post by DJK3737T » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:42 am

Good morning, Dani.

When will this need to be done? Saturday's weather looks unsuitable, but I might be able to do this on Sunday.

How big is the shepherd mix?

-- David Kenny
[email protected]

shelterhelp

Post by shelterhelp » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:51 am

Unfortunately, the receiving shelter is closed on Sundays. What about next week?

The shep is about 80 pounds, give or take. The hound puppy would need to ride in a crate though, because he is very energetic.

Moorsetown, NJ is located about 15 miles east of Philadelphia, PA. King George is located about of 20 miles east of Fredericksburg, VA. What airports would you be using?

shelterhelp

Post by shelterhelp » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:48 am

I just found a volunteer to drive the dogs to safety. Thank you Mr. Kenny for your offer to help.

DJK3737T
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KFDK
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by DJK3737T » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:16 am

Good morning, Dani, and thanks for letting me know. You may want to modify the subject line of the message by adding "Filled" or "Cancelled" or something to that effect so others will know this flight is no longer needed.

In case it comes up again, I would have picked the dogs up at either Shannon Airport in Fredericksburg (EZF) or Stafford County Regional (RMN), which is a little further from King George but has a longer runway and better instrument approaches (if necessary). The nearest suitable airport to Moorestown is South Jersey Regional (VAY) in Mount Holly.

Congratulations on getting these guys taken care of! If this becomes a regular run, I may be able to help you out some other time.

-- DJK