DONE!!! - Cheyenne, WY - La Grande, OR (January)

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
britty12

DONE!!! - Cheyenne, WY - La Grande, OR (January)

Post by britty12 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:16 pm

Tank is a nice, if a little bit shy neutered male pit bull. He was with his owners on a trip through WY when they were involved in some kind of legal dispute. His mommy was sent back to OR and Tank was taken to the local pound. It is a very small, rural shelter. His mommy has since sorted out whatver happened, but she had to leave Tank behind as she had no way of transporting him. She has been working to figure this out, but Tank's time is limited at the shelter. She contacted me a couple of weeks ago asking if we could somehow help. The shelter has agreed to keep Tank for "awhile" longer as they know we are working on transport home for him. His owner is home now and she and the family are eagerly awaiting his return.
I run a small rescue in Cheyenne called Black Dog Animal Rescue. We can get Tank from the shelter to either Cheyenne or Denver, both have airports. The family lives in La Grande, OR, but can drive some distance to get him if this airport doesn't work. I'd like to get this taken care of by the end of this month as it is very cold here and the shelter has no heat in the kennels. I can be reached at [email protected], or 307-640-0092. Thanks so much!!
Last edited by britty12 on Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

richclover

Re: Pittie has a home! - Cheyenne, WY - La Grande, OR (January)

Post by richclover » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:50 pm

Britney, I can help with a leg from Cheyenne to Evanston, WY (KEVW), or the Salt Lake area. Or eastern Idaho, if necessary.

The weather looks good this coming weekend, if we can get some help further west. Can the owner drive to Boise to pick up the dog?

Mrbusybody
Zip Code: 83404
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Airport identifier: KIDA
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by Mrbusybody » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:12 pm

I could do a leg from Idaho Falls, ID to Ontario, OR. Early morning starts are not possible since I must defrost and preheat.

Mrbusybody

richclover

Post by richclover » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:10 pm

Mrbusybody wrote:I could do a leg from Idaho Falls, ID to Ontario, OR. Early morning starts are not possible since I must defrost and preheat.

Mrbusybody
I see we have a recent volunteer pilot in Boise, too. Would you be willing to meet me mid-day at KEVW, then do a leg to, say, Burley? For transfer to Boise or Ontario? Or LaGrande? Three of us involved would spread the "load" considerably. My round trip over to Cheyenne and back will be something over 3 hrs total.

This assumes, of course, that Britney still has need to move the pup! This weekend still looks good on my end.

richclover

Re: DONE!!! - Cheyenne, WY - La Grande, OR (January)

Post by richclover » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:53 pm

The pup's been moved. Thanks Britney and Tom! Tank should be home by now.

It was a beautiful day to fly! :)