2 Advisors here to help

Just ask! Volunteer mentors are here to share their knowledge and experience.
Beverly Archer

Re: 3 Advisors here to help

Post by Beverly Archer » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:07 pm

I am Cats Cradle Animal Rescue, www.catscradleanimalrescue.com. I have been working with Lisa from Los Angeles to save as many LA cats and kittens and some dogs as we can. We have transported by road and it is really hard on the animals as it is a long drive. I have driven to LA three times and it takes me four days round trip.

Lisa has nearly 30 cats and kittens and a litter of puppies that we would like to ship, as soon as possible to Seattle where I can go and pick them up from Vancouver Island, Canada in a one day trip. So, basically, I need to know how to request a shipment of 30 cats and kittens and some puppies from Los Angeles to Seattle WAshington, or Bellingham, or anywhere else that is close.

To date, we have rescued over 100 cats and dogs from certain death in LA facilities. We need help if we are to continue doing this.

A lot to ask I know but we are desperate.

deeogee1
PNP Transport Advisor
Zip Code: 46254
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by deeogee1 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:47 pm

Hi Beverly,
Welcome to PNP! You ladies are doing a great, it sounds like. I'm not sure any pilots can carry all those pets at one time~~but you can certainly set up multiple transports.

Have you posted your request under Animals Needing Transport already? You will need the zip codes for the from & to cities. State your request with as much info as possible (i.e. # of adults, # of babies, weights if possible. Are you providing crates.......things that the pilots need to know before they can offer to help.
Once it's posted, you can click on "Map this request" and find the PNP members along you route~~planes for pilots & inverted teardrop for ground volunteers. Clicking on the icon will bring up that person's info & you can email or PM them from there. Some people also provide a phone number there. Contacting them directly is recommended for the fastest response as there is no guarantee that the person you need will see your post on the board.

Good Luck,
Joanne

Beverly Archer

Post by Beverly Archer » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:54 am

Hi and thank you for responding. I am really struggling with this web site and I just cannot figure out how to post a request even with your information. I must be really dumb and I am certainly not experienced with the internet. I just cannot figure out how to post a request. Can you give me very specific help to do this? Right now, I am probably going to end up driving to the California border this Friday and meeting Lisa from LA there as we have to move these animals as soon as possible but it would be nice to know how to do this for future transports when perhaps we do not have as many animals to send although we always try to take as many as we can each time to make it worthwhile.

Thanks and I apologize for my lack on understanding on this.

Beverly

Steve Foley
Webmaster
Foster?: No

Post by Steve Foley » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:48 am

Quick Instruction Sheet for posting new transport request:
  • From this screen, click on 'Board Index' in the top left corner of the screen, under the PNP logo
  • From there, clock on "Ride Board: Animals Needing Transport" (3rd from the top)
  • From there, clock on the "New Topic" button
  • Fill in Sending and receiving zipcodes, a short subject line, and the details below.
  • Subscribed pilots along the route will automatically receive an email telling them that there is a new transport request
  • The request will show up on the transports map
Hope this helps.

LindaJMerideth

Post by LindaJMerideth » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:53 am

Bless you all SO MUCH for offering to help!! I hope you won't be sorry!!

dogo

Post by dogo » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:22 am

I just listed a Grt Pyr senior from S.C to Spgfd, Mo...but wonder if I can add in the subject line that I can
also pick up in St.Louis...probably more pilots will be going there than to Spgfd...its 4 hours for me but
thats fine..I figured out how to put it in the description part but can't do the subject ...
Marilyn

admin
Site Admin
Foster?: Yes

Post by admin » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:46 am

Marilyn, when I helped you edit your subject line last night I did put Springfield, MO as the destination for you. The subject line has limited spaces so you really do need to condense the wording there. For example, it's obvious that since you are listing in the transport section of the forum so everyone already knows that so I would leave out need transport and put in the sending, receiving destinations and perhaps what the animal is or anything else you feel is a pertinent word to use other then transport....

I am sure the other advisors here will have some additional input for you you on how to best coordinate this transport and get pilots help.

You also edit your message by logging in, opening your message and clicking on "edit" on the upper right of the message. Then click submit when you are finished. This will update your request.

Debi

Midtown Cats

3 Advisors here to help

Post by Midtown Cats » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:05 pm

I recently posted a request for transport of 2 cats from Miami to Houston. I also went on the pilot list and sent several emails to local pilots asking for assistance. One of the pilots responded that he could handle the first leg of a trip but I'm not sure how to plot out and coordinate several legs of a trip. This is our rescue's first time using Pilots N Paws. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

suzy
Zip Code: 29860
Foster?: Yes

Post by suzy » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:33 pm

Hi Midtown Cats,
Go to your posting by clicking on "View My Posts" at the top of the page. Click on the purple "Flight Plan Using Runway Finder". When this comes up, in the middle of the screen, it will give you the nautical miles for the entire trip. It will list it as "932 NM" for example. You can figure on 300 NM as a general rule as to how many pilots/legs you will need. Let's say you need 3 legs. Ask your first-leg pilot how far he is willing to go. Use that point as the beginning of the second leg. You don't have to do another posting, just go back to your posting and start sending e-mails to pilots listed along that route. At the top of your posting, click on "More Mapping Options" in yellow. Then click on "Display Map of Pilots Between..." This will give you just the pilots rather than pilots and volunteers. Makes it easier. Then just start sending e-mails to pilots along the second leg. Copy and paste your message to each individual pilot. This is what has worked for me. Some won't respond at all, a few will tell you they can't do it, but then, you will have that one who will say yes.You then follow the same steps to find the third-leg pilot.

When you get all the pilots lined up, do a comprehensive e-mail listing names, locations, cell phone numbers, sending and receiving rescuers' names and cell numbers and send to all parties. The pilots usually want to talk to each other to make plans for where they are to meet. But have a central person (you?) to be the point man (or woman).

Please let us know if you have any more questions. Good luck!
Susie Cobb
PNP Advisor

[email protected]

Re: correction

Post by [email protected] » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:45 pm

i cant log on to request a transport...that is the problem..error messages are user name and email address already in use...what to do?