**DONE Thank you Craig, Anna, John, Russell and Ed!!**

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
Liza007
Zip Code: 02563
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Airport identifier: 2B1
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

**DONE Thank you Craig, Anna, John, Russell and Ed!!**

Post by Liza007 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:56 pm

http://www.pilotsnpaws.org/forum/viewto ... f=5&t=8573 (see below)

Yup, it's me again!

First I would like to start by saying WOW!! Because of all of the pilots and the collaborative efforts here.. we are down to the final groups of dogs!! Crazy when you see that we started with 72 dogs at the beginning of May!!!

Some of you are familiar with me already, but for those who are not, I am a volunteer with National German Shorthaired Pointer Rescue living in Massachusetts. Through the course of events, I have become a 'go to' person for transports of shelter dogs via PilotsNPaws. Not only with my rescue friends, but with some of the pilots that send other requests to me.

I guess it's because I have been somewhat successful in moving dogs where they need to be across the country. Thanks of course to you guys :)

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7500

National German Shorthaired Pointer Rescue and her sister rescues have requested that I assist in moving dogs out of Sioux Falls area. These dogs are a result of a puppy mill bust that occurred not long ago in that area.. there are 42 dogs going to all corners of the lower 48 AND Canada is taking 4 or so. Dogs were seized by the humane society and have been socialized and handled. Pilots have reported that all prior dogs have been sweet and lovable and a DREAM to transport (better than most humans they've flown)

TEXAS GSP RESCUE HAS ASKED FOR HELP WITH THESE 6

Proposed route (flexible of course)
13K~GPM (Eureka, KS~Grand Prairie, TX) <311NM>
GPM~SSF (Grand Prairie, TX~San Antonio, TX <218NM>

**THESE DOGS NEED TO TRANSPORT THE WEEKEND OF THE 28TH (or the week prior) as the clock is going to be ticking on their health certificates which will have been issued in Sioux Falls, (FSD) the 20TH (see other post)

They are arriving in Eureka, KS on or about the 23rd or 24th from a VERY generous friend of mine that is ground transporting them from MN..

These dogs will be wearing harnesses so that they may be tethered in the back seats, they will be traveling with health certificates (per D.O.T. regulations)
veterinary records
food for contingency (on the off chance a leg is grounded if one pilot can't do the whole route) and perhaps a toy or two (we sent them to the triage center when the humane society seized them) Average weight would be 60# per dog.

Any thoughts or assistance would be greatly appreciated. Not going to be able to sleep if I don't try right?

As I do not always receive notification of mail here, please reply to [email protected] and refer to EUREKA, KS-TEXAS in the subject line (as you can imagine, my inbox is a nightmare!)

Thank you so much for your consideration and thank you for choosing rescue
Liz Bondarek
NGSPR Volunteer
[email protected]
Last edited by Liza007 on Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Liza007

Re: SIX GSP's must move on 8/28 or 8/29(or week prior)

Post by Liza007 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:36 pm

still needing a hand here :)

drdpride
Zip Code: 78130
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KBAZ
Distance willing to fly one way: 100

Post by drdpride » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:48 am

Lisa ... I would be available to take one dog from Grand Prairie to Boerne Stage (5C1 ... located just NW of San Antonio) or Stinson (located in the southern part of San Antonio) whichever is easiest. The bad part is I will only be able to take one dog due to their size (flying a Cessna 172) ... or two smaller dogs (around 30# each). I have taken two larger dogs that were very calm ... one rode in the back seat and the other on the floor in front of the back seat ... but since this is not my airplane, I would have to know that they would just lie down calmly on the floor in the back if I chose to take two larger dogs. Let me know if I can help - Denise Pride
Denise (Pride) and Don Elliott
Cirrus SR20, N318DE
Cirrus SR22T, N718DE
New Braunfels, TX (KBAZ)
[email protected]

Liza007

Post by Liza007 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:30 am

Denise,
Thank you so very much for your generous offer! I really appreciate it. Hopefully, we can get a tandem pilot as it would be great if you could take one or two!

Still have a bit of time, but I would sure love to have an idea if this is doable before I get them to my friend on the 21st! I still don't have anyone offering to get them FROM Kansas yet to get them to you.

Thank you so very much again for you offer of assistance..
Liz

watson14
Foster?: No

Post by watson14 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:37 am

Hi Lisa,

I can pick up two dogs in Eureka and get them to the Dallas area for Denise to pick up.

I am based at Addison and Grand Prarie is a little difficult to get to if the controllers won't let me enter the Class B. I would suggest Mesquite, TX (KHQZ) as a great meeting point.

John Watson

Liza007

Post by Liza007 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:14 pm

Thank you John! Wonderful of you to help!

ANY airfield that is convenient for you guys is fine by me. Basically, I put a push pin in the board that meets the NM 'split' give or take...

You guys know where works :)

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pro ... 9&v=photos

Did you see these? One of my FAVORITE photos is of you!!

PS~ Denise... these are the hounds