DONE: Transport needed for Jayne a 80# AmBull to Rescue

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
hothar

DONE: Transport needed for Jayne a 80# AmBull to Rescue

Post by hothar » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:17 pm

THANKS EVERYONE THIS TRANSPORT IS COMPLETE.

Transport needed for Jayne a 70# American Bulldog to Rescue from Pompano Beach, FL (33060) to Sierra Vista, AZ (85650).

Thanks for reading this. I run an out of pocket (non 501c3) rescue in Sierra Vista Arizona. I recently pulled a female American Bulldog from a high kill shelter in Miami, Florida. My fosters fell in love with her and wanted to keep her but now they feel they don't have time, or enough space. Now, I deperately need to get her to me in Arizona. I've attempted ground transportation but it would take 2 full weeks and atleast 3 overnight's to get her here, and so flying may be the best option.

My foster maybe able to travel to another airport if that works better. I am willing to travel as much as 200 miles to another airport if that works better.

Sending Foster:
Phil & Tammy Calvari
Pompano Beach, FL 33060

Receiving Rescue:
HOTH-AR
Shawna R. McHargue
520-456-6564
Sierra Vista, AZ 85650
[email protected]
http://sites.google.com/site/hothar/home

Pictures and info on Jayne can be found here: http://sites.google.com/site/hothar/adoptable/jayne
Last edited by hothar on Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

hothar

Re: Transport needed for Jayne a 80# American Bulldog to Res

Post by hothar » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:53 pm

Ok after emailing a couple pilots I realize this transport is far to long. So I took it upon myself to break it up into smaller sections. I don't know if I should relist each leg or not. Any suggestions from other people who have done long transports, both rescues and pilots would be appreciated.

1) Pampano Beach, FL (KPMP) to Tampa, FL (KTPF) 186 Miles ..NEEDED/Possibly Artsmonster

2) Tampa, FL (KTPF) to Panama City, FL (KPFN) - 251 Miles..NEEDED

3) Panama City, FL (KPFN) to Baton Rouge, LA (KBTR) 331 Miles..NEEDED - I sure this should be broken up but not sure how.

4) Baton Rouge, LA (KBTR) to Houston, TX (KHOU) - 257 Miles..NEEDED

5) Houston, TX (KHOU) to San Antonio, TX (KSSF) - 190 Miles..NEEDED

6) San Antonio, TX (KSSF) to Midland, TX (KMDD) - 280 Miles..NEEDED

7) Midland, TX (KMDD) to El Paso, TX (KELP) - 257..NEEDED

8) El Paso, TX (KELP) to Sierra Vista, AZ (KFHU) - 230 Miles ..J&C in AZ

TOTAL: 13hr 8min/1982 Miles
Last edited by hothar on Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

artsmonster

Post by artsmonster » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:54 pm

As a pilot and volunteer I can tell you to put together this many legs, is going to be virtually impossible. It is difficult enough to coordinate two or even three pilots and foster schedules let alone 8. You would have far better luck trying the commercial airline volunteers, or ground than this many legs. I fly out of West Palm, and fly dogs from PMP, and Boca very often. You may be in luck though. There is a national event going on in New Orleans next month. There may be a pilot going to Az fm there, I do not know. However if you still are trying to get a lift then, I can get her that far. Good luck. Art...

hothar

Post by hothar » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:30 pm

Thank you for the input I figured I'd atleast try. Ground transport is pretty much telling me the same thing (I've been canceled off 2 transports now) since it's a 36 hour drive, since most people won't drive over 2hours that's 18 stops and atleast 2 overnights.

My hope is to do this over a weekend with 4 legs on Saturday and 4 on Sunday and an overnight in Houston.

PaulB
Zip Code: 77479
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KAXH
Distance willing to fly one way: 100

Post by PaulB » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:30 pm

I can fly between Baton Rouge/New Orleans and Houston or between Houston and San Antonio. I flew part of a trip a few months ago that moved one dog from Houston to Albany,NY. It can be done, but this long of a trip may have to be accomplished over two weekends.

hothar

Post by hothar » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:46 pm

Great!

So far this is what I have:
1) Pampano Beach, FL (KPMP) to Tampa, FL (KTPF) 186 Miles...Possibly artsmonster

2) Tampa, FL (KTPF) to Panama City, FL (KPFN) - 251 Miles

3) Panama City, FL (KPFN) to Baton Rouge, LA (KBTR) 331 Miles

4) Baton Rouge, LA (KBTR) to Houston, TX (KHOU) - 257 Miles ...**PaulB

5) Houston, TX (KHOU) to San Antonio, TX (KSSF) - 190 Miles ...*izucker or **PaulB

6) San Antonio, TX (KSSF) to Midland, TX (KMDD) - 280 Miles ...*izucker

7) Midland, TX (KMDD) to El Paso, TX (KELP) - 257 Miles

8) El Paso, TX (KELP) to Sierra Vista, AZ (KFHU) - 230 Miles ..J&C in AZ

Anyone know of a better way to cut up the Panama City, FL to Baton Rouge, LA one? I think that's probably too long but didnt' see a better way to do it.

Also for anyone visual I've made a google map for the trip:
http://local.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8 ... edca28b5c2

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH to everyone who has responded so far.

hothar

Post by hothar » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:28 pm

Update on my legs:
1) Pampano Beach, FL (KPMP) to Tampa, FL (KTPF) 186 Miles ...artsmonster

2) Tampa, FL (KTPF) to Panama City, FL (KPFN) - 251 Miles ...NEEDED

3) Panama City, FL (KPFN) to Baton Rouge, LA (KBTR) 331 Mile ...NEEDED

4) Baton Rouge, LA (KBTR) to Houston, TX (KHOU) - 257 Miles ...**PaulB

KENT CAN OVERNIGHT IN HOUSTON

5) Houston, TX (KHOU) to San Antonio, TX (KSSF) - 190 Miles ...*izucker or **PaulB or ***Kent or ****dperez

6) San Antonio, TX (KSSF) to Midland, TX (KMDD) - 280 Miles ...*izucker or ***Kent or ****dperez

7) Midland, TX (KMDD) to El Paso, TX (KELP) - 257 ...***Kent

8) El Paso, TX (KELP) to Sierra Vista, AZ (KFHU) - 230 Miles ...J&C in AZ or ***Kent

*izucker can do either Houston to SA or SA to Midland.

**PaulB can do either Baton Rougue, LA to Houston or Houston to SA

***Kent Overnight, May do a leg around Houston or depending on dates may be able to do Houston to SV!!!

****dperez - Huston to SA or SA to Midland

So the biggest problem is the two legs between Tampa to Baton Rouge. Anyone know how to make this work??

hothar

Post by hothar » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:55 pm

What if I change Legs 2 and 3 to this would this help anyone????

2) Tampa, FL (KTPF) to Pensacola, FL (82J) - /336 Miles ...NEEDED

3) Pensacola, FL (82J) to Baton Rouge, LA (KBTR) /233 Miles ...NEEDED

artsmonster

Post by artsmonster » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:57 pm

Again, if you can wait till the weekend of the event in New Orleans, I can take them with me to there. Art...

hothar

Post by hothar » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:06 pm

I can wait, not sure my fosters can. The father and son love the dog and want to keep her but the wife thinks because they don't have a yard and the father and son are away 10hr a day that they don't have enough time. So she's stuck walking the dog and caring for her. Sounds like she's kind of creating a rift in the house. I'm pushing for either Aug 28-29 or Sept 4-5 If that can't happen (and it hasn't turned into an emergency) then we'll shoot for the NOLA event.

Thanks again everyone who has offered help!