Done! Fort Walton Beach, FL to Miami, FL

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
WirehairRescue

Done! Fort Walton Beach, FL to Miami, FL

Post by WirehairRescue » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:39 pm

Hi,

I have a senior German Wirehaired Pointer about 50 lbs that was dumped to be PTS by the owner. Due to her age, we believe transporting her via ground would be too stressful. If anyone can help, even if to Frederick, MD, she can be overnited for a couple days in MD and continue on to new england. Boston, Manchester or even Springfield would work great. Any help is truly appreciated!!!!!!
Email: [email protected]

UPDATED*** A closer foster home near Miami, FL has come forward, so that seems to be a shorter flight ...
thanks again!!
<map:32547-33101>
Last edited by WirehairRescue on Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Steve Foley
Webmaster
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Fort Walton Beach to Frederick,MD Boston, MA/ Manchester, NH

Post by Steve Foley » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:12 am

Where is Fort Walton Beach?

WirehairRescue

Re: Fort Walton Beach to Frederick,MD Boston, MA/ Manchester, NH

Post by WirehairRescue » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:23 am

About 40 miles East of Pensacola, and 40 miles west of Panama city . .. .right in the middle of the two

James Pyke

Re: Fort Walton Beach, FL toFrederick,MD Bos, MA/ Manchester, NH

Post by James Pyke » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:52 pm

I could help with some of the middle part of the trip say Charlotte NC to Frederick Md, or Atlanta to Charlotte

Jim

If you can put it together I can help

DJK3737T
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KFDK

Re: Fort Walton Beach, FL toFrederick,MD Bos, MA/ Manchester, NH

Post by DJK3737T » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:52 pm

I'm based at FDK, but Boston and Manchester would be a long haul unless I can recruit a friend with a faster airplane. I recently made a run to Hartford and it was five hours flight time round trip, close to six and a half hours elapsed time. MHT would add another hour and a half -- possible if the dog can stay overnight and we can start in the morning, but a long day.

I don't know whether I'll be able to fly this weekend, but I'll keep watching this post. Thanks,

-- DJK

WirehairRescue

Re: Fort Walton Beach, FL to Miami, FL

Post by WirehairRescue » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:55 pm

Hi Everyone,

This has been updated from Ft. Walton Beach to Miami Fl . . or nearyby airports. Another foster home closer has come forward

thanks!

skyking
Zip Code: 33043
Foster?: Yes
Airport identifier: KMTH

Post by skyking » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:47 pm

If you can get the dog to Perry Foley airport (40J - southeast of Tallahassee) tomorrow I can transport him to Miami. I fly out of the Florida Keys and will be in Tampa about 10am. I will be departing Tampa around 11:30am and could be at Perry Foley by 12:30pm. Let me know if this works for you. If so, I will need contact info for pick up and delivery as well as the desired airport for drop off.

Jeff
[email protected]
305-797-6356

P.S. I can do Quincy, FL airport as a back up. It is northwest of Tallahassee.

JERRY S.

Post by JERRY S. » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:26 pm

Welcome,

Ok, what u need to do is go to the pilots map on the pilot n paws home page @ the bottom expand the map so u can see the area better. Email as many pilots as u can starting in the area of the departure going all the way along the route to your destination. The more pilot’s u email the higher your chances of a successful rescue.

To give u an idea the average leg is usually 200-300 miles, which comes to about 2 hours.
So your flight will likely need multiple legs.

I fly out of the northern NJ area so if u can get the dogs into this area I might be able to help out with a leg.

If u ever need help please don’t hesitate to contact me anytime @ [email protected]

Jerry

skyking

Post by skyking » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:11 am

I am setting up another transport that will be picked up in Perry-Foley airport this coming week. We just need to get a connecting pilot to bring him to me. Can you get this pup to Perry and if so how much advance time would you need in order to get him there?

jeff
[email protected]
305-797-6356

skyking

Post by skyking » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:12 am

Does this pup still need to be transported?

Jeff