PILOTS N PAWS GULF COAST FLYWAY NEED VOLUNTEERS 9-18-10

Heartwarming photos and videos of our rescued friends.
admin
Site Admin
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: PILOTS N PAWS GULF COAST FLYWAY NEED VOLUNTEERS 9-18-10

Post by admin » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:10 am

Do any of your in our group know of an approved receiving rescue, SPCA, Humane Society, etc. in the Houston area who would be willing to take in a few animals during this event?

We have interested pilots who can likely connect going west to Houston we just need a place for them to go! Please let me know asap, time is getting closer and I hope we can locate a couple places who have room for just a few?? Email me at [email protected] with Houston Rescue available for PNP event in the subject line.

Thanks!

Debi

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:12 am

We are also looking for more rescues to receive animals in Florida. A very large number of pilots has generously volunteered to do the New Orleans to Florida route. It would be wonderful to fill everyone's plane. If you know of an approved facility between New Orleans and line to central Florida please let me know asap. Send an email to [email protected] with Florida Rescue for PNP event in the subject line.

Thanks!!

Debi

mars1259
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KORH
Distance willing to fly one way: 250

Post by mars1259 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:28 pm

If you end up with any dogs needing to get up into New England from this let me know....based in RI can help out if anyone needs a ride farther northeast.
Joe Marsala
N5689P PA24-180
Based @ KORH, Worcester, MA
[email protected]

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:43 pm

mars1259 wrote:If you end up with any dogs needing to get up into New England from this let me know....based in RI can help out if anyone needs a ride farther northeast.
Thank you!

Debi

n734xr

Post by n734xr » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:26 pm

Gulf Coast Flyway can do KMAI to KLAL or KTPF. I have a light sport plane and can take one or two small kennels.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:17 pm

n734xr wrote:Gulf Coast Flyway can do KMAI to KLAL or KTPF. I have a light sport plane and can take one or two small kennels.
Thanks for volunteering, I will send your information to the pilot who is in charge of the Florida leg.

Debi

shrinkaroo

Post by shrinkaroo » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:07 pm

several members of my staff have agreed to travel to assist with the animal care portion of the gulf coast rescue. i'm at joyfulpetsitters.com if you need us, please contact me. pam also i have posted this at the local airport and seem to have a great deal of interest from local pilots. they will contact you directly i think.

Friends of Pep

Post by Friends of Pep » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:24 pm

we have 13 dogs ready to go from Covington La ...St Tammany Parish ....can go now all vetted ...if possible ...if not definately on the fly out .

We are in Poc Mts Pa ...can meet Wilkes-Barre Pa ....Harrisburg Pa ..Allentown Pa ...also the total weight on all is 251 lbs lots of tinies and puppies ...

If they can come earlier we can get them adopted and take more from animal control in Abita Springs La on the fly in

Katie

Friends of Pep Bc Rescue

Eric_Peterson

Post by Eric_Peterson » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:07 pm

I can volunteer, pilot and plane, for flight from the northern edge of Florida to a Tampa destination. I can also volunteer for destinations at the Human Society of Pinellas. My home airport is KPIE (St. Pete / Clearwater).

If someone wants to do a New Orleans to Northern Florida route, I can't pick up the Northern Florida to destination leg.

PatriciaC

Post by PatriciaC » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:59 pm

We at The Humane Society Naples in SW Florida are available to take in some dogs. We have to limit it to small dogs and puppies, including litters, but are happy to help. We are actually located on airport property--let us know if you need us.

Patricia
HSN