DONE : Athens AL to Falconer/Jamestown NY

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
ktt8

DONE : Athens AL to Falconer/Jamestown NY

Post by ktt8 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:16 pm

Looking for a ride from Athens Al to rescue in Falconer NY (Dawn's Canine Rescue) for one medium size blk mouth cur approx 25-30lbs. She is in temp foster since before Christmas and is ready to move to rescue. Can anyone help?
Thanks Kathi ([email protected])
<map:35611-14701>
Last edited by ktt8 on Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

MuttsMom

Re: Athens AL to Falconer/Jamestown NY

Post by MuttsMom » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:35 pm

I've got a border collie going from Atlanta - Hartford Ct. Weather isn't going to cooperate this weekend, but if you could get yours to Atlanta, and some land transport from CT - NY, maybe we could combine the two, that way the pilots are taking 2 and not just 1.

Jon

Post by Jon » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:25 pm

Kathi,

I make regular runs to Dawn. I have one scheduled for around the first week in Feb if one of the passengers is well enough to travel.

If you can get a rescue in Knoxville to house and shelter the pup, and get the pup there, I think it can be worked out.

Just as information that run is complex and the plane is stuffed so I need good information on the size and weight of the BC. I will also be carrying a Dobie going to Pittsburgh, and picking up 6 pups in Louisville KY going to Dawn so I have some real space issues to consider, but if you can work out the late transport I can get the BC to Dawn.

ktt8

Post by ktt8 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:02 pm

Thanks Jon, Dawn told me she works with you on a regular basis. The dog I am trying to get to Dawn is a black mouth cur female, approx 25-30lbs and probably only about 18-20" tall at the shoulder. We are attempting to put together ground transport for this weekend, if it doesn't fill, I will see about getting her to Knoxville. Thanks Kathi ([email protected])