My first rescue flight

A place for pilots to chat and exchange information about their planes, flying, transports, etc....

My first rescue flight

Postby herbfuchs on Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:14 am

I just returned from my first rescue flight, transporting Sandpiper (now Sandi), a yellow lab, from KSIF to KLOU, and then returning to KRDU. It was just a great experience, and an incredibly sweet dog, with great people on each end to make the rescue happen. I put Pilots N Paws animal rescue flight in the remarks section of the IFR flight plan and several controllers did ask about it. I also listed Pilots N Paws on the online registration form for the KLOU FBO. On my arrival, I got an enthusiastic greeting from the FBO staff, who had gone onto the website to find out about PNP! Sandi was a phenomenal ambassador for the program, greeting everyone who walked by. I even got a very nice email thanking me for my business at the FBO, and commenting on PNP! I was a little nervous about my first flight, particularly since it was so very cold, but everything went well. Sandi was a great passenger, sleeping for much of the flight. It is a very fulfilling experience to be able to do this, and I hope to get many more chances in the future.

thanks,

Herb Fuchs
herbfuchs

Return to "Pilot Talk"