DONE! Husky living in chicken coop 3 yrs needs ride TN to NJ

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
echo0195

DONE! Husky living in chicken coop 3 yrs needs ride TN to NJ

Post by echo0195 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:34 pm

Hi!

My name is Samantha. I have an animal rescue in NJ. http://www.TheLastResortRescue.com I just rescued a 3yr old husky from Murfreesboro TN who has lived in a wire chicken coop outside since she was was 3 months old. Is there anyone that can help me get her to NJ or maybe part of the way? And then perhaps I could find another couple pilots to do the rest of the way.

This is an urgent matter. The person who has rescued her from the home she was at can only keep her for a matter of days.

Let me know

Thanks!!

Samantha
Last edited by echo0195 on Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Michele
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KDMW
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Husky living in chicken coop for 3 yrs needs ride TN to NJ

Post by Michele » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:23 pm

I can do Westminster, MD to destination in NJ. I'm off to the light sport expo in Sebring this week, but I'll be back in business Jan 28

Jon

Post by Jon » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:03 am

Samantha,

I can't help because we are leaving on a trip and will not be back until 2/2, at which time I have flights already lined up. I suggest checking the map and making the request of pilots anywhere along the flight path between TN and NJ.

Michele
Airport identifier: KDMW

Post by Michele » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:35 am

Where in NJ?

DJK3737T
Airport identifier: KFDK

Post by DJK3737T » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:45 pm

I'm also available at the northeast end. I'm based in Frederick (a little west of Westminster), which puts all of NJ within reach. I could probably pick her up somewhere in West Virginia -- or fly a leg from somewhere further west to hand off to Michele at Westminster.

I'm also off work on Monday, though at this point the weather forecast isn't encouraging.

Can you tell us anything about this husky's size and temperament? Living in a chicken coop would certainly make me cranky. Is she okay with people, or fearful and snappish? Could she ride harnessed to the belts in the back seat, or would she need to be crated?

And, yes, more detail on the towns, ZIP codes, or airports involved would be helpful.

-- DJK

DJK3737T
Airport identifier: KFDK

Post by DJK3737T » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:01 pm

Eastern Tennessee (Knoxville area) would be a long day, but manageable for me. Murfreesboro would be a stretch this time of year, involving at least eight hours of flight time and two en-route fuel stops. So we may be looking at three legs.

I am tentatively booked to take another transport next Saturday, but I'll keep an eye on this post and see how things shape up. You can e-mail me at [email protected] if you need to reach me directly.

Best,

-- DJK

JERRY S.

Post by JERRY S. » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:46 pm

Samantha,

I also might be able to help w/ a leg. From MD to NJ.

Let me know.

Jerry