Indiana to Wisconsin TRANSPORT DONE!!!

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
gvite2005

Indiana to Wisconsin TRANSPORT DONE!!!

Post by gvite2005 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:11 am

Hey everone, I work with the Safe Harbor Humane Society in Kenosha WI. We are trying to transoprt some animals from NC to here, now we already have transport to Indiana. I am trying to get some assistance getting 5 puppies (all under 9 months old) flown from Innianpolis Indiana to Kenosha Wisconsin, but if you can only get to Chicago Illinois I am able to get to chicago, just not indiana. We are Desperate at this point, we already have them in route to Indiana and just need help from there to Kenosha, WI. We are gonna have 5 dogs stranded in Indiana if we can't get help. OUR LEGS FROM INDIANA TO KENOSHA DRPOOED OUT, WE NEED SOMONES HELP!!! PLEASE RESPOND AS SOON AS YOU CAN!!! My phone # is 262-948-0223. Or my e-mail is [email protected]. I'll be home all day, PLEASE CALL!!!
Last edited by gvite2005 on Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

admin
Site Admin
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

HELP URGENT! Indianpolis to Chicago, animals already in rout

Post by admin » Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:02 pm

gvite2005 wrote:Hey everone, I work with the Safe Harbor Humane Society in Kenosha WI. We are trying to transoprt some animals from NC to here, now we already have transport to Indiana. I am trying to get some assistance getting 5 puppies (all under 9 months old) flown from Innianpolis Indiana to Chicago Illinois, because I am able to get to chicago, just not indiana. We are Desperate at this point, we already have them in route to Indiana and just need help from there to chicago!!! PLEASE RESPOND AS SOON AS YOU CAN!!!
Please folks, you need to put the locations in your subject line for transport.....otherwise, the pilots looking over the board may miss your request simply because it doesn't state locations. I changed this for you gvite2005. I twould also be helpful if you would list a direct email in your request or phone number, particularly when time is of the essence.

Another suggestion for you would be to look at our foster map on the homepage. At the bottom of that map, click on "view larger" and a list of all the foster volunteers will come up on the left hand side. Search through those and see if you can find someone in your are of need. HOWEVER, IT IS IMPORTANT TO STATE THAT THE RESPONSIBILITY FOR PRE-APPROVING THE TEMP FOSTERS LISTED IS UP TO THE SENDING AND RECEIVING RESCUES. The volunteers listed did so upon registering on this site and that is all the information we have. I am hopeful that all of them are just great people! If you find one, then it may be possible to give yourself a little breathing room and time for a pilot/pilots to work with you. Remember, the weather fronts this time of year are very unpredicatable.

Good luck!

Debi

jpschulz

Re: HELP!!!! URGENT TRANSPORT NEEDED!!! Indiana to Wisconsin

Post by jpschulz » Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:48 pm

gvite,

I sent you a PM.

It has been said before, but one thing for everyone to know is that pilots are going to be much more responsive to future planned requests.

Last minute cross-country flights have significantly higher safety risks than a well-planned flight. Unless the weather is exceptional and there is plenty of daylight, in general pilots are going to choose the planned flight over the last minute one every time.

It is not the same thing as hopping in the car for a weekend drive.

Jeff S.
Waukesha, WI

gvite2005

Re: HELP!!!! URGENT TRANSPORT NEEDED!!! Indiana to Wisconsin

Post by gvite2005 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:52 am

That's allright, this transport was finished, Me and my friend drove to Indiana. It was a SUPER LONG trip, but it was totally worth it. Thank you for the offer to help though, We appreciate it.