New PNP Pilot - What am I supposed to furnish

A place for pilots to chat and exchange information about their planes, flying, transports, etc....

New PNP Pilot - What am I supposed to furnish

Postby LyleProuse on Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:28 pm

I'm feeling my way through all of this. I've been an Angel Flt pilot for about 12 years so I'm familiar with their operations.

I'm getting the impression that to fly for PNP I'm supposed to also furnish dog carriers, leashes, food and water bowls, and other asst'd items. Is that right?!

How about some clarification on this, please? Thank you...

Blue skies,
Lyle Prouse 770-507-4040 ATL area
LyleProuse

Re: New PNP Pilot - What am I supposed to furnish

Postby admin on Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:50 pm

LyleProuse wrote:I'm feeling my way through all of this. I've been an Angel Flt pilot for about 12 years so I'm familiar with their operations.
I'm getting the impression that to fly for PNP I'm supposed to also furnish dog carriers, leashes, food and water bowls, and other asst'd items. Is that right?!
How about some clarification on this, please? Thank you...
Blue skies,
Lyle Prouse 770-507-4040 ATL area

Hi Lyle,
Once again, glad to see you here! Pilots are not responsible for furnishing any items. I have crates available to send to pilots should they need one or two. We do our best to send you that information in a welcome letter via email but it is possible with all the new pilots we may have missed one or two of you! If you would like a crate, I need to know what size area you have for a crate in your plane.

I have been told by the pilots that most do carry an extra leash and a collar on board, just in case. Again, it is not your responsibility but that of the sending party to supply the animal with a collar, a leash, and whatever assisted items they may want their animal to have. I am not sure where you received your information about pilots having to supply these items but that is not the case. The gift you are giving to those of us in rescue is extremely appreciated and though rescue groups are notoriously poor, at a minimum they should send the animal with a collar and leash. They may even have an extra crate to lend to you.

Many of our pilots have their own crates from animals they have at home, or they head to Wal-mart and buy the one that will fit in their plane. You can pick up very inexpensive collars and leashes at the Dollar General Store for those who may need to know.

Again, I would be happy to send you , or any other pilot, a crate, collar and leash if you would like. Just send me an email at castle_ridge@msn.com

Thanks so much for volunteering!
Debi
admin
Site Admin

Return to "Pilot Talk"