put messages in date order

Need tech support using the forum? Check for answers here or post a question.
Electra

put messages in date order

Post by Electra » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:04 pm

Help! How can I get my messages to show in date order, newest at the top, instead of in random order? Thanks!

admin
Site Admin
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: put messages in date order

Post by admin » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:59 pm

We need to know which messages you are referring to. Your private messages, your posts to the Transport board, not sure exactly what you are asking but if you clarify, I am sure we can answer you.

Debi

Electra

Post by Electra » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:26 pm

Oh, sorry.... I'm referring to the messages posted on the boards. Sometimes I just go to the site and check the request forum without looking at my email and clicking on a request link.

Hope this helps and thank you!

Electra

admin
Site Admin
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by admin » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:56 pm

Electra,

Every message posted to each section of the forum board are listed by the most recent posted message first. This does not include the announcements at the top of each forum or some posts that are permanent at the top of the list as well.

For example, under the Ride Board, we have permanent announcements at the very top. There is a division line as you scroll down to separate these from the request board. Next there may be a few posts that always stay at the beginning of the request section of the board. These are often times a pilot offer who might fly a particular route frequently. Then the regular daily request posts will start and move down as each new request is posted. The most recent are always at the beginning.

You can also log in and on the board index page click on "view new posts". These are posts that you have not read yet. Or you can click on unread posts and those will come up for you as well as posted you have not seen. The list is normally long if you do that though.

Hopefully this makes sense for you.

Debi

Electra

Post by Electra » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:00 am

Yes, makes sense. Thank you!